Multiple Sclerosis Community
Foot sensation of sliding on ice

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Foot sensation of sliding on ice

Has anyone ever had the sensation of sliding on ice or feel like there is a buzzing under their foot? My toes on my left foot are numb almost all the time too. The sliding on ice scares me & I have been depressed over it! I'm so afraid that I am going to fall & cannot go into a store without holding onto a shopping cart!
Ask your doc for a neuro ,consult and follow tlhrough
While I personally have never had the sliding on ice feeling, I have experienced the buzzing you are talking about and it is hard to describe. Yet, I will try to explain what I have felt and maybe it is similar to what you are experiencing. My buzzing kind of makes it hard to relax because it is almost an itching sensation, but not quite. I tend to to rub my legs to try to soothe or maybe to just distract me from the feeling of wanting to crawl out of my skin.

I would suggest if it has been bothering you for awhile and not gotten any better to see if a neurologist can help. I know from my experience that usually they will give me a steroid drip to help the spinal cord inflammation. Your situation, though, may be different.
I also have never had the sliding on ice feeling. I do have buzzing feeling and I know the feeling of not being able to go into a store without leaning on a cart, but mine is for steadiness and not for feeling like I am sliding on ice.

I would contact your neuro and see what he/she has to say about what you are feeling.

Good luck,
Paula
I have an appointment next Thursday. Thanks so much for your comments.
Nancy
I also  have pain in my toes, feet & hands at times like someone is sticking me with needles! Sometimes I feel an electrical twinge of pain in my spine. That feels odd & have pain in my head like being shocked. Sometimes the pain in my head is sharp & sudden like jolts! I feel crazy trying to describe all that I am experiencing & depressed too!
did you ever find out what the "sliding on ice" feeling was? i just started experiencing that. thank you.
Hi there, I too have just started experiencing the same sensation, as if slipping on ice.  It seems specific to the type of surface also, those that I perceive to be slippery as walking on grass or carpet is fine.  Been to a neurologist, had a nerve test (fine) and MRI of spine (some pinched nerves) so he prescribed pt for a month to see if that helps.  Am just 3 visits to the PT so no difference yet but hoping it does the trick.  I have confined my travel to stores where there are shopping carts I can hold onto so basically food shopping and home.  So depressing and frightening.  Have you made any progress since your post to this site?