Foot sensation of sliding on ice
Has anyone ever had the sensation of sliding on ice or feel like there is a buzzing under their foot? My toes on my left foot are numb almost all the time too. The sliding on ice scares me & I have been depressed over it! I'm so afraid that I am going to fall & cannot go into a store without holding onto a shopping cart!
Ask your doc for a neuro ,consult and follow tlhrough
While I personally have never had the sliding on ice feeling, I have experienced the buzzing you are talking about and it is hard to describe. Yet, I will try to explain what I have felt and maybe it is similar to what you are experiencing. My buzzing kind of makes it hard to relax because it is almost an itching sensation, but not quite. I tend to to rub my legs to try to soothe or maybe to just distract me from the feeling of wanting to crawl out of my skin.

I would suggest if it has been bothering you for awhile and not gotten any better to see if a neurologist can help. I know from my experience that usually they will give me a steroid drip to help the spinal cord inflammation. Your situation, though, may be different.
I also have never had the sliding on ice feeling. I do have buzzing feeling and I know the feeling of not being able to go into a store without leaning on a cart, but mine is for steadiness and not for feeling like I am sliding on ice.

I would contact your neuro and see what he/she has to say about what you are feeling.

Good luck,
Paula
I have an appointment next Thursday. Thanks so much for your comments.
Nancy
I also  have pain in my toes, feet & hands at times like someone is sticking me with needles! Sometimes I feel an electrical twinge of pain in my spine. That feels odd & have pain in my head like being shocked. Sometimes the pain in my head is sharp & sudden like jolts! I feel crazy trying to describe all that I am experiencing & depressed too!
did you ever find out what the "sliding on ice" feeling was? i just started experiencing that. thank you.
Hi there, I too have just started experiencing the same sensation, as if slipping on ice.  It seems specific to the type of surface also, those that I perceive to be slippery as walking on grass or carpet is fine.  Been to a neurologist, had a nerve test (fine) and MRI of spine (some pinched nerves) so he prescribed pt for a month to see if that helps.  Am just 3 visits to the PT so no difference yet but hoping it does the trick.  I have confined my travel to stores where there are shopping carts I can hold onto so basically food shopping and home.  So depressing and frightening.  Have you made any progress since your post to this site?
I am also feeling like my feet slip on ice and it is worst on tile floors.  When I am not wearing shoes it does not happen.  Try different shoes happens with all of them.  Did you ever find out what caused that feeling.  I am really worried about this.
Anyone ever feel like feet slip on ice and it is worst on tile floors.  When I am not wearing shoes it does no happen.  Tried different shoes happens with all of them.  Also pain on right side back of head around the middle right side.  I am worried.  
I have not figured this out yet...need to get back to doctor.  PT seemed to help a bit last fall but it has returned even worse right now.  Have you had any success with a diagnosis?
Hi Nancy
I have recently had the same sensation.
I feel it most when walking on tile floors.
I have not talked to any doctor about this yet.
Have you had any diagnosis yet or PT, and if PT, did it help?
Thank you.
Suzanne
Lisachip, have you had any further diagnosis, or help with PT? I have began to have this sensation particularly in my right foot. I notice it most when I step from carpet to tile, and it is the very sensation of hitting a slick spot, and not a balance thing. I do have peripheral nerve damage in left leg and foot, following an injury. This is new in my right foot. I am going to get it checked at neurologist and orthopedic dr, because sometimes it feels like the bone going down into my heel is rolling.
I have the slipping on ice feeling issue with both feet.  Also is mostly on hard surfaces, not so much on grass or carpet.  I visited my podiatrist and after examination turns out my arches which are very high are starting to fall and I have symptoms of plantar fasciitis all of which he feels may be causing the odd sensations in my feet.  He is making orthotics for me to support my feet and I am doing exercises and stretches for the plantar fasciitis, also I have extensor tendonitis on the top of my left foot so I am stretching that area.  I am noticing some improvement by doing the stretches and exercises even though I do not have the orthotics yet.  We are hoping that all this will alleviate the issue; that it is mechanical in nature.  I hope this is helpful to someone.
An Update - the orthotics helped a little but not totally.  I visited a neurologist in December who diagnosed me with impinged nerve in spine.  I am now doing physical therapy 3 times per week for 3 months to address this.  I am walking better and feeling the slipping less.  I will update in a few months & let you know if this took care of the issue totally.
Thank you for all these posts. I have been suffering for 3. Months but it is Getting worse. Happens when I walk on sidewalks and streets and hardwood floors and tile.  I can't decide whether to start with neurologist or podiatrist. Any recommendations?  The testing is going to be expensive. If people are getting help from a foot doctor,  I will start there.  Keep posting!
The tests from the neurologist (EMG and Nerve Conductive Study) cost me under $400.00; I have high-deductible insurance.  The orthotics from the podiatrist were about $300.00 and I am glad to have them as I feel they are stabilizing me as I progress through physical therapy.  Please keep posting as to what you are doing and how it is progressing.  I'll update again also.
I am so relieved to know other people are having the "feet sliding on ice" sensation and I'm not nuts like I think my doctor thinks.  My symptoms started about 10 months ago. It started when I woke up one morning and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I hadn't done anything strenuous in the days or weeks before. Then the balance problems started about a month later. I felt like my feet are sliding on ice. I have fallen twice while walking along just fine and one step felt like my left foot slid out from under me. It's a lot worse on hard floors like tile or hardwoods.  It got so bad for a few months I bought a cane. I also grab a shopping cart to have something to hold on to. I was recently tested for MS & it came back negative.  I also get muscle spasms all the time. I think my doctor's at a loss. Blood tests come back that my CRP and Sedimentation Rate are high, which are inflammatory markers.  I'm glad you mentioned orthodics. I might try that.
I have the sliding on ice sensation in both feet, but it's worse in my left foot, which the front half is numb.  Mine is also worse on hard floors or getting on or off escalators or elevators. I've been to the Neurologist & tested for MS. It came back negative and he said he doesn't think it's neurological.  I would like a diagnosis so I know what's wrong.  I appreciate all the posts.