'Funny turn' in the supermarket...
Hi all, well it hasn't happened since October but earlier today I had what I can only describe as a funny turn in the supermarket. I find it so hard to describe exactly what happens but its basically as if my legs stop working properly at some point and although I can still walk its as almost like an out of body experience as I start feeling very dizzy & lightheaded and just generally odd. Does this happen to anybody else? I'm recovering from a recent bout of ON in my left eye and have never really recovered from the first bout in my right eye but other than that I have been feeling really well with no tingling or anything. The only thing of note was a weird burning sensation on my neck and the skin all peeled off but that probably isn't related. Now I'm all anxious that something's going to happen because the last time I had one of these turns I ended up bedridden for a week afterwards. Do you think it could be a little mini flare from overtiredness?
I do think I understand what you're talking about as I've experienced something similar.  Not easy to describe though you've done a good job of that.  If this was brought on from being overtired, I would consider it more likely due to a pseudo-flare than a 'mini'' flare, meaning not a flare at all, but temporary symptoms brought on that go away when you rest and/or cool down.  It could also be caused by low blood pressure, low blood sugar, or probably a number of other triggers.  Although very disconcerting when it's happening, especially when out in public, if it happens infrequently and these spells are of short duration, is probably not a huge cause for concern.  Discuss it with your doctor, document it and the circumstances around it so that if it continues to happen, you may see a pattern emerge which could be helpful info for your docs.  Try not to worry about it too much.  If it turns out this is not so transient and you need bedrest, then as difficult as that is, you need to give into it and get your rest. Our bodies tell us what we need, and as difficult/ inconvenient/ impossible as it may seem to submit, we need to listen and take heed of these cues.
Thanks for your reply. I feel better for knowing you understand what I'm talking about! My neuro says I'm experiencing a form of vertigo but what you said about low blood pressure would make sense because I have consistently low bp. The temp has dropped in the past day and I think that might be what causes these weird turns as today my legs feel strange. Again, its hard to describe but sort of feels like my legs are more wobbly & weak than usual and not quite what I'm used to walking with! Hey ho, could be worse! It's just nice to reassure myself when strange stuff goes on. How are you doing? I hope you're keeping well x
I have this problem sometimes too.  I have discussed it with my doctor, and we "think" it's a side effect of gabapentin- at least in my case.  Are you taking this drug?