Gabapentin cause more Vertigo?
Hi everyone.. I have been uping the dose of Gabapentin to 1800mg a day now.. can this cause you to have more Vertigo.. it seems that I'm having alot more spells since I started to take more gabapentin.. it wasn't bothering me at lower levels... does anyone have this type of problem.

take care
wobbly
dx
I had this exact problem.  Initially I was concerned that it was a new sx, but then I realized it was coming ~1 hour after I took the meds.  For me, I seemed to have a lot more vertigo at dosages over 400 mg.  Taking 300 mg 3x/day just wasn't working on the pain, so I started adding doses (with my neuro's approval) and I now take 300 mg 6x/day instead of 600 mg 3x/day.  It's a pain to remember, but I just had too much trouble with the dizziness.

HTH.

Stephanie
thanks .. I think I will try that.. I don't notice it get worse after I take the meds...but then..it could be..so I will try 6x300mg.. instead of 3x600mg.. I let you know if it helps..

take care
wobbly
dx
After reading your first post here and Steph's response, I decided I'd watch to see if I felt any different an hour or so after my first capsule of the day.  Nope; just a bit sleepy.  Balance was pretty much the same, and still is now, after about 5 or 6 hours.  I now take 400mg 3x/day, though I often forget the second dose and wind up taking two at bedtime.  I did find that it made me quite sleepy back when I was beginning the ramp-up to my previous dosage of 900mg/day.  I had to back off and allow more time between steps.  I've not really noticed any connection between the gabapentin and my constant (but fluctuating) balance problem.
Yeh... its not easy to figure this out... what is a side effect or not.. because I do get times when my Vertigo acts up so badly I used to get a high dose of Prednisone to stop it...but this Neuro won't give it to me for some reason??

I also have been putting on so much weight... I'm afraid to weigh myself... but my stomach is soooo big.. my clothes look horrible..I look 9 months preggy... I'm 56...doesn't look good.

it's because I can't stop eating... it's horrible... I know that is the problem.  I didn't have that problem before?  Not this bad anyway..

I also get "Pink eye"  I never got that before either..one eye then a few days later it will be the other eye... not too bothersome..but it's something I never got before..?

and I'm nauseated and lightheaded alot with this med this high.. so I'm thinking of lowering it .. from 1800 mg... ??  whatever...and see if I feel better ..

take care
wobbly
dx