General
My Mum has being showing signs of dementia for a while now and has struggled with her motor skills.....mainly walking.She acts kinda dopey/drunk too with no co-ordinations She recently fell backwards downstairs but luckily my Dad was walking up behind her and so he broke her fall. She just spent 3 weeks in hospital having tests and scans including CAT, MRI and today a EMG  will they automatically pick up on MS........she has so many symptoms........many thanks .....can I find out if she has been tested for it or request she is tested for it ???
The hospital assessed her walking upstairs before she came home.....she managed 4 before her legs started shaking
Hi and welcome, I'm glad you are looking for answers for your mum.  Diagnosing MS can be very frustrating because there are so many diseases that mimic the symptoms of MS. There still is no one test that gives a definitive answer to diagnosing MS.  

Three weeks in the hospital is quite the stretch - has she been back to her doctor yet since discharge?  I would start there with the questions about the tests andwhat needs to be done next.

Good luck, and I hope we see you a-round with more questions.
Lulu