Multiple Sclerosis Community
HELP..sore tongue, very sore
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HELP..sore tongue, very sore

I have had a sore tongue before but not like this, its almost painful and looks as if there is a raised area on my tongue. I don't know if its from a dry mouth or a reaction to something  or if its going to flat fall off..

anyone have anything to say?

thanks , meg
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
562511_tn?1285907760
Hi.  My tongue gets sore.  It comes and goes. I also have a small patch of slight numbness behind my front teeth.   The raised area on your tongue should be checked out by your primary care physician or an ENT, just to make sure.

Weird stuff we have.  
Blank
667078_tn?1316004535
My saliva duct under my tongue became inflamed a month ago. I found out it was a side effect of Copaxone.

Alex
Blank
620048_tn?1358021835
It really is weird stuff that hapens to us ..you never know if you are really sick or its just someting to do with MS or a side affect of something , or if we are sick because we always feel sick anyway.

My throat is sore too this morning.  I see my MS doc tomorrow..

thanks, meg
Blank
Has your dentist ever looked at your tongue?  I have a geographic tongue and also, I have had a very sore tongue due to low........ (Well, phooey!!!!!!!  I can't remember the name of it)  Pregnant women need it so they don't have a baby with spina bifida.  I'm sorry, I just can't remember things.  You might want to get it checked.
Blank
562511_tn?1285907760
I believe you are thinking of Folic Acid.  That is one of the supplements I take on occasion.  

What is a geographic tongue?  

Interesting about inflammation caused by Copaxone.  Does an inflammation of a salivary duct cause tongue soreness?  

Blank
648910_tn?1290666683
Certain deficiencies can cause a sore tongue.  Iron and Folic acid are two that come to mind off the top of my head.

A complete blood panel might be useful.

terry
Blank
620048_tn?1358021835
Thanks girls, those are good thing to look into and I will check them out.

Deborah, that was funny, guess because we all do that...

hugs, meg
Blank
562511_tn?1285907760
It's a game of charades sometimes...............
Blank
my tongue is sore on the tip as if i bit it but i never have.
Blank
634733_tn?1316629592
Just to confuse things I believe you recently started Gabapentin and that can cause a sore tongue too.

Pat x
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank