Multiple Sclerosis Community
HGH

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

HGH

Has anyone experienced benefits from taking HGH (human growth hormone)? For example, increased energy level, improved gate, reduction in urgency to urinate..........
I have spoken to some endocrinologists who believe that human growth hormone does help people with MS to feel better.  However, not many doctors in the U.S. will prescribe it.  In studies with mice who have the mouse model of MS, it did help.

I would think that each person's response to HGH would be different.  Kind of similar to results we hear with use of LDN and MS.  Some people are helped alot, others not.

Good Luck,
Elaine
How about the capsulated HGH ?? Any sucess with that for any MS'ers?

JennyO63
Hi Jenny.  I am not familiar with capsulated HGH.  Do you mean it's an oral capsule?  HGH is not absorbed in the GI tract and the only way to administer it is through a subcutaneous injection.

Elaine
I have been doing some research about this recently, but I'm just in the beginning stages--so take anything I say with little weight.  There's this drug called GenF20 that advertises to increase the HGH naturally.  I'm thinking about asking my doctor about it, but it's not a prescription drug.  It could be a bunch of bunk, but I'm looking into it.  

Use google and type is hgh in ms. I did asked my MS doctor about hgh and she said I can use it. I did ordered hgh and pay in my pocket but I used my credit card so insurance is not covering. I use HGH for 6 months from May to Oct 2014 and yes it is expensive but worth it. I have been exercise since I was 15 years old. I have MS in 1997 but in 2006, my knees are bad due of weak and knees caused my bottom body is weak due of controlling so I use walker. The hgh doctor said I can use hgh because I am still exercing for a long time. I will notice my muscle grow anytime.

Dawn