Had a fall!
Hello.I'm 59 have M.S, (diagnosed in 1978) have both hip replacements, 2000  & 2005, osteoarthritis and 0n Jan. 08 2012 , lost my balance and fell on my butt on the bathroom ceramice floor, had x-reys 3 days later, showed nothing cracked or broken (was concerened about the hip repl, (thought I may have cracked or broke one)  bit boy did it hurt.  &  2  weeks later it was still hurting, also in the groin area, so had x-rays done again and it showed 2 fractures on the pelvis ( righton the pubic bone to be exact)  Had been put on Ibuprophen 600 mg, baclefen for spasms in the buttocks and  oxycocet for the pain. Had the dr. change the oxycocet to tylenol 2 because it was making me sick.  The last ten years or so I've always had a slight balance problem.  This is finally starting to feel better, think it will take longer?  So tired of feeling tired & hurting.
Hi Mim,

Welcome to the forum!  You are definitely among the small handful of folks dx'd so long ago that have found us. I bet you can teach us a thing or two about how you've been living with your MS all these years. How has your course with MS been? Bumpy? Smooth? Both?

As for the time-to-heal from the fall....My thoughts are that you should be in some therapy for that. And, if you were, but are not now, definitely ask the doctor who follows you to order it up. Explain the balance issues, etc., (they already know about the pain - but remind them) and your MS can compound the existing hip problem, the osteo arthritis, etc.,

Sounds like you could use someone well rounded to take all into consideration and put together a plan, instead of treating each independently.

Looing forward to hearing back from you, and hoping some others will chime in too and send thoughts.

Thanks joining us, and trusting us to provide input.
-shell
Hello, and thanks for commenting  back.  I have gotten an appt. for therapy on Mar 15. hopefully it will help.  I will definitely tell him of the pain in the groin still, & the hip area and also the balance issue.  At the same time I will tell him of the osteoarthritis and the hip replacements, they also want to know of my medications, I'll tell them of the Oxy. that my fam. dr. had me try.  Thank you for your interest in my problem.
mim828
Welcome Mim!  I'm so glad you've found us.

Tammy