Hair Loss
Is there anything besides autoimmune alopecia, lupus, hypothyroidism that could cause hair loss?   I've noticed quite a bit of my hair coming out in the shower and hair all over the place today.  Can being anemic cause this?  I do have hypothyroidism (I've had it for years and have been on the same amount of levothyroxine for years).  Last TSH was over a year ago, though.  

I feel like poop, too.  I've had an upset tummy, very weak, and feeling odd (spacey, ears ringing super loud).  I have an appointment set up tomorrow to see my regular doctor.  I also have my head tremor coming back and need to be pulled out of chairs, need the shower chair for the first time in over a year.  

I didn't sleep well last night because my stomach felt unsettled (no temperature, though--in fact below temperature).  

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Deb
Hair loss for me was thyroid related. Besides having MS I have autoimmune thyroid issues too. I am on straight T3 as Levothyroxine was worthless and made me feel much worse. Since starting the T3 (cytomel) I am beginning to feel much better, have more energy and my hair has quit falling out.

I found a Doctor who doesn't treat TSH lab results but the whole patient. I found I have a bad Reverse T3 problem and now that its clearing with the T3, life is getting much better and the thyroid antibodies are about gone too. :) My stomach issues are much better as well.

Low temperature is an indicator of hypothyroid btw.
Jessica
My hair fell out when I was very anemic.  (I was anemic due to undx celiac disease, so I was also low on other key nutrients: B12, D, and cholesterol.)
I just got back from the doctor.  He's getting me to have a lot of blood work which I'll do on Friday.  The doctor is leaning toward the hypothyroid explaination with MS causing the weakness, but I noticed a lot of different tests besides the thyroid panel.  He did say that he wanted to make sure I was anemic.  

Steph, what led your doctor to think it was celiac disease besides anemia?  Were there other blood tests to help with the diagnosis?  I wouldn't be shocked if I have an additional autoimmune disease!  

Jessica, I have had bad luck with getting any of my doctors to look into other medicines.  I even went to an endocrinologist, but he wasn't wanting to change my medicine either.  I have hear what you have, as far as the straight T3.  I know nothing about Cytomel.  Does this help with lowering thyroid antibodies?  

My body temperature is much like that of a lizard.  If it's hot outside, my body temperature rises, and I have a hard time cooling.  When it's cool (and the weather is cooling again), I get cold and stay cold.  I told this to the neuro after my trip to Italy because I wound up in the urgent care facility because I got to hot and thought I was having a heat stroke.  I tried cooling myself, but couldn't do it.  I finally collapsed and was taken to the center on a tiny little island where no one could speak English.  Anyway, my neuro told me that all this had something to do with the MS (I forgot the explaination).  So, I am really confused needless to say as far as what is MS and what is not!

Thank you so much for your help, ladies.  Happy Thanksgiving,
Deb
I am wondering about hair loss myself. I have MS and am anemic. My vitamin levels are good.