Multiple Sclerosis Community
Has Anyone Else Ever been in this fog?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Has Anyone Else Ever been in this fog?

Have you ever sat on the couch watching TV or doing something you felt was interesting, probably unaware of being in a cog fog day and totally ignored a spouse's hints that food might be nice that day?  Also noticing that it doesn't bother you at all?

Caught myself doing this one day last week, when finally about 3-4 hrs later, he finally came out and asked if I wanted anything, that he was going to fix himself something to eat!  Oooops..............I knew I had done it but for some reason it never registered in my brain that I should have taken the hint and at least said I didn't feel like it, would he do it...............duh...........
ROFL - all the time :o)

Over here in OZ we are in a heat wave, the aircon died and the heat took its toll, so for me chewing/swallowing becomes a bit of an issue and DH typically starts getting concerned because i really can't afford to loose any weight.

The other night i still hadn't eaten dinner and it was just going midnight (house hotter than hell and i'm sure no one in the state was sleeping) so i'm liquid human in my chair and he sneakily cooks me a poached egg on soft bread.

It was perfect, and just right for what i could do and he even laughed along with me, when i had to ask if my fork went in my left or my right hand lol i honestly couldn't work it out, err is that foggie with a touch of heatwave? :o)

Cheers.........JJ
My husband has to call me from work and ask if I have eaten. I remember if he is home because I see him eat. I can easily drop ten pounds in a week.

I can almost sleep walk through a day in cog fog. I have to practice focusing or scheduling things like eating.

Alex
I'm sorry; did you say something?  I was trying to remember where I put that cup of coffee I was drinking.

Oh, did you see where I put my keys?

My hunger instinct is totally unpredictable, lately.  Some days I forget to eat altogether until evening; others I am ravenous much of the morning.
I just posted a few days ago about my cognitive issues. I do stuff like this all the time. I'm pretty sure my husband just thinks I'm tuning him out but that's not the case. I just don't always register the things that are said to me or that need to be done. I know it frustrates him as much as it does me.
Let’s see….
You were:
Doing something you felt was interesting,
Totally ignored a spouse's hints that food might be nice that day
And noticed it didn't bother you at all.

Your spouse:
Waited another 3-4 hours,
Then decided he was going to fix himself something to eat
But also asked if you wanted anything.

Oooops….

Oooops?  This sounds fine to me.  Maybe next time this happens he’ll head toward the kitchen a little faster?

Sorry Sarah if I’m making light of a situation that caused you concern.  I hope my response made you smile a little but it springs mostly from my own lack of motivation to continue devoting depleted energy resources to preparing meals for my spouse that I have little interest in, only to see them consumed faster than I can sit down with a plate for myself.  That's it.  I'm finished.
I'm sorry. Did you say something?
I was trying to think about brain fog but I fell asleep on the couch ...again!
You guys are great!
Made me feel better!
You may feel bettrer, Sarah, but did you eat something?  LOL
What's this? A new weight loss program?! Can it be bottled and sold? ;)