Has anyone been dx with TM before dx of MS?
I seen my neuro for the first time yesterday. He didn't mention MS, he did the regular exam, I'm lagging a bit on my right side reflexes and the pin pricks were felt stronger on left side as did the tuning fork and temp check. But he doesn't suspect MS cuz my MRI is clear. He said he thinks its an inflammation of my spinal cord. So he's ordered another MRI. I looked it up and its called transverse mellitus. I don't really think that is the issue, from what I've read TM is quite dabilitating? I also have a couple new issues, one is like an internal tremor? The other happens last night, 2x I had left thigh muscle spasm followed by super bad charley horse. I'm so confused!! I don't see doc again for 4 wks..any thoughts? Thanks for reading!
Amy
Yes, I was Dx'd with TM before I was Dx'd with MS.  They initially did a brain MRI and that was SUPPOSEDLY clear. Then they ran MRIs on my c-spine & t-spine and found a lesion in my t-spine.  Therefore, I was given the TM Dx.  Mine was considered "partial" since my lesion didn't extend the complete width of my spinal cord.  Usually with TM, your symptoms will hit their highest point within just a few wks, then they'll slowly get better or go away.  My symptoms never got better.

After having this Dx for about a year, I switched over to an MS Center. They reviewed my MRIs and found numerous lesions in my brain that had been missed by my former neuro & the radiologist. So, at that time, I was diagnosed with MS, instead of TM.

Good luck,
Kelly