Multiple Sclerosis Community
Help

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Help

I need HELP. My symptoms have been ongoing for the past 5 months and have rapidly been getting worse. I feel like I'm on the brink of death. Started with Chronic Pain through random parts of my body, random tingle and numbness in my hands and feet, than out of nowhere I experienced my first migraine. Than the migraines came every single day and became more severe and have not stopped since. My vision is now blurry. I have a hard time seeing especially in the dark. For the past 2 months I've had chronic diareahh where I can't even keep liquids down. Than about a month ago I experienced my first episode of bowel incontinence which has taken a huge emotional toll on me and has happened many times since than and so has the diareahh and not keeping liquids down. I am dropping the weight fast. I feel so fatigued. My eyes hurt so bad and I have numbed and tingled painful hands on a daily basis now. I NEED HELP. I have 2 kids with autism they are 3 and 4 years old and I'm thinking this could be multiple sclerosis.
I am so sorry that you are going thru all of this, but I think you can take MS off of the "what if" table.  You speak of parts of your body as bilateral or both sides which is not how MS customarily appears.  

Have you been to see your doctor?  You do not mention going to one.  

I hope you find out what is going on but do call your doctor.
I am so sorry you are dealing with this--I know what it is like to feel like you are dying--the last few months have been jilting to say the least. Try to hang in there.

You definitely "could" have any number of illnesses.  

Because my doctors were suspicious of Chron's Disease 7 weeks ago and did an entire work-up on me to check for it, I familiarized myself with the symptoms. (weight loss, eye issues/eye pain, diarrhea,...and I recall fecal incontinence being a symptom that jumped out to me because I did not experience it)

I would read up on it; I know migraines are a symptom, so is diarrhea/weight loss/eye pain...my eye pressure/pain was a red flag for my doctor, too. I often run hot to the touch...

I ended up having a normal Chron's work up.

Celiac Disease can cause some of the issues you listed, too. As you know, m.s can cause a myriad of symptoms, too. I really hope you do not have ANY of these diseases.

(My GP wanted to check for it because of my eye issues and weight loss. I have been diagnosed with lupus since 2005 and I was just diagnosed with m.s this year--but---I think I may need to have that diagnosis revisited after I get a growth on my thoracic spine biopsied. (fingers crossed....for what, I am not sure)

Read up on it and let me know what you think. Your gp can check for it, but I would have a specialist follow up if you get no answers.

I have to agree with Sarah, most of the things you are talking about are not consistent with what typically happens with MS. Symptoms generated by MS typically first present on just one side of the body and with you the tingling etc started in all peripheral limbs so thats both upper and lower and that would be quite 'uncommon' if it was the first attack from MS. You also seem to have major gastric sx's, but constipation is whats common in MS, diareah is more common to a plethera of conditions, MS not so much.

So if your sx's dont really fit how the damage caused by MS works, then it probably is something else, its 'more likely' something else though what that is would only be a poor guess. I peronally would consider guten/lactose because of the high stats in Autism, for me the connection would be enough to try an ellimination diet to see if it helps at all, it can't hurt at least. (try looking up sue dengate if you want to give it a go)

cheers.......JJ

ps another mum with 2 ASD kids