Multiple Sclerosis Community
Hot Feeling On Left Thigh?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Hot Feeling On Left Thigh?

I had a weird episode while at work one day this week.

I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden it felt like I had very hot liquid spilled on my left upper thigh.  I actually looked to see if something was on my leg even when I knew there was nothing on my desk that could've spilled.  

Anyone ever have this feeling?  I've been feeling like I'm going nuts lately with so many little things happening, especially with the left side of my body.

Ugh.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.  I can't tell you how many times we've commented on this symptom.  It has occurred to several of us.  In my case, it occurred several times a day for several weeks, just after my first symptoms of MS.  It would usually be right after I stood up and there would be this warm sensation like warm water running down my right inner thigh.  I was sure I was being incontinent and would gasp and grab myself to check.  But, nothing would be there.  It would be dry.  Most of my symptoms are on my right side.

This is a sensory paresthesia (an abnormal signal from a sensory nerve which perceives temperature (warmth).  It is common in MS, but could occur in other circumstances I'm sure.

Are you diagnosed?  If you are not new and I missed you last month, when I was gone, I apologize.  If you are new, would you tell us what you've been going through?

Quix, MD (retired and NOT a neurologist)
The warm water running down the back of my left thigh feeling was what sent me to the doctor.  After 3 or so days of it, and many hours on the Internet, I knew I needed to address this.  My family doctor is an amazing PCP.  He knew right from the start what I already was prepared to hear - possible MS.  His wife (a neurologist) has MS, so he definitely has a little more insight to the early signs and what a patient is going through - and for that I am so grateful!

I went to the battery of MRIs, bloodwork, opthamologist, etc.  My brain MRI had UBOs in the white matter.  My c-spine was OK.  He thinks we're dealing with lesions that aren't appearing at this point.  He took my MRIs home for his wife to read (besides the radiological neuro) and they agree on the UBOs and unseen (@ this point) lesions.  My clinical diagnosis of MS was kind of a Godsend - it answered years (@ least the last 10-12 years) of feeling like ****, vertigo, blurry vision in mostly my left eye, paresthesia, etc.    I did go through MS testing about 10-12 years ago, but everything was negative at that time.

We talked about medication, but at this point, I am still weighing my options.  

Thanks for answering.  :-)

I'm almost 39 and I'm fighting some weird symptoms from the past 4 years. It all started with really bad migraines, mild numbness in the left side of my face. It was worst when I tried to work out. After some MRA, MRI it was diagnosed just as a migraine.

In the past year I have noticed shortness of recent memory and felling weakness in my left side with shakiness in my left hand.

Other symptom that really bother me is a constant pain in my back neck, just left side. Usually when it's really bad a migraine start after. The pain goes from the back neck to the front head.

I was worried about MS and had done some research on that, but after talking with my neurologist I was just convinved that it's just a migraine.

Well, but since last week I start feeling the warm felling in my left thigh. I can fell that 10 times a day. I decide to make some research over the internet and here I'm again with symptoms of MS.

I'm really down to the earth guy and I like to understand how things works and that's ok if I have MS. I just need to find the better way to identify that.

Could you guys give me some more details on some other symptoms.

I hope you all are felling better,
Silvio
There are lots of symptoms associated with MS - your best bet is to check out www.nmss.org, as they have lots of great information.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/symptoms/index.aspx

Here's their page on symptoms - it's one of the first things I looked at when I was diagnosed.

____________________

As for the hot feeling...  I haven't had the hot wet sensation yet, but I have had cold and wet.  Very peculiar!  I get it a lot on my right knee, and pinprick cold sensations around my abdomen.
Just chiming in - I am only dx'd w/ fibromyalgia, but also have a lot of MS symptoms that don't seem to fit the FM diagnosis.

Anyway, I have been having the sensation of warm water going down my leg consistantly now for a couple of months.  For me it's nothing more than "strange", but also raises the question for me - Is this more than FM?

Just searching and came across this site. After reading all the comments. I am now realizing that this warm sensation on my right thigh is just another symptom of MS. I've been diagnosed for 10yrs and off my meds for close to 4yrs. My doctors tell me that I need to go back on meds. I just hate the constant needle pitching. I so, wish for the day that we can take medication by mouth!! I'm at the point in deciding which med to turn to avonex ot trisarbi
Just an FYI. I too have had all the symptoms you all describe but I had Lyme disease. MS as well as others are common misdiagnosis for Lyme. So, just something to consider when getting your tests done.  
do any of you think it is a side-effect of some meds that you are currently taking? for eg, do any of you have hypertension and taking meds?
i have the same hot feeling on my left thigh, and its becoming very bothersome i.e. its occurring very often to me.
Please advise. Thanks