Hot Stone Massage?
My sweet husband gave me a gift certificate for a hot stone massage and he even went ahead and made the appointment (I'm one of those people who never goes and then the certificate expires).  Anyway, my appointment is this weekend.  Do you think that I'm going to have trouble tolerating the heat?  I take really hot showers and (to my knowledge) they do not seem to bother me, maybe just some mild blurred vision that quickly resolves.

Thanks for any and all opinions!

Katie
I think you will be fine especially if you take and tolerate hot showers.  The heat from showers and exercise doesn't really bother me unless it's summer. You may want to let the person who will be doing the massage that you might have some issues just as a heads up but other than that I say go for it and enjoy!

Julie
I've had the hot stone massage and I tolerated it well.  I hope you enjoy yourself and update us on how it was!

Angela
Great gift and an interesting question.  I am heat sensitive and would probably not tolerate a hot stone massage at all.  I'm with Julie - let the therapist know and if it bothers you have the therapist change techniques.

enjoy!
L
I am very heat sensitive but always manage ok with a hot stone massage as you just lie there, unlike a shower where you need to DO something whilst in the heat and just after,

Enjoy and make sure the therapisy allows you a 10 minute rest where you lie for after the massage mine does and I am sure that uis why it works so well.

Enjoy it
Pat
Just wanted to post a quick update:  I had my hot stone massage today and it was fabulous.  I didn't realize how many trigger points I had in my neck and scapula until the massage therapist found them all.  The heat didn't bother me at all.  The only problem was that it ended after only 50 minutes.  I could have stayed there forever!
I wish insurance would pay for massages!

Katie
I was too late to comment about the stone massage and you have now had it, but I was going to say that it is very relaxing and I thought you would be fine. I am going for an aromatherapy massage myself today and think that it is a great way to loosen up sore muscles, and relieve stress. So off now for some relaxation to the spa/gym where I am a member.

Love Sarah x