Multiple Sclerosis Community
How does everyone cope?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

How does everyone cope?

Hi, I have had symptoms since the end of Feb. Tingle and numbness in face, back, leg,feet,and hand. Had brain mri done some spots but Dr. doesnt think its MS but gave me a 30% chance it could be.

Had emg and nvc tests everything was good there.

I am getting MRI of cervical, spine and lunber this weekend hoping everything is good. Then I will meet with a specialist MS neuro Dr. in July..Then possible lp.. to rule ms out. I have been reading that even with clean scans ms is still possible..

My question is how do I stop crying and feeling sorry for myself, thinking why me, why not me. This has taken over my life its all I think about except when I am asleep which isnt much. How do you cope? I have read some of you have been with this for years and still no dx.. I believe there is a cure but it will never be put out there because of all billions of dollars  that would be lost on all the drugs, needed to treat this horrible diesase.

Do they even have generic drugs for this?  Thank you.
HI,
  Not knowing or being in limbo is hard. I did not get diagnosed with MS for over 40 years. I had my first attack at age two. I grew up thinking my symptoms were normal. Then I was diagnose in 2009. In 2012  I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer. I was not supposed to survive two years. I had cancer in 15 places. It is two years later. I am alive the cancer is shrinking and I am happy. Yes I have Primary Progressive MS and Cancer and I am happy. I do not ask why me. I just happy to have a good life. I have a lot more to define me than my illnesses. I have friends, family, and loving husband. I have new puppy. She was born deaf but she does not know there is anything wrong with her. Neither does my other deaf dog. I live like my dogs in the moment. I do not linger on the past or worry about the future. I walk my dogs, play with my cats, spend time with my friends. Life is good. I spend every Thursday at the Cancer Hospital having medicine pumped into a port in my chest. But if you saw me on the street you would have no idea. We pass by people everyday living their own medical stories.

No there are no generic drugs for MS. I used to worry about medical cost until I got cancer. My treatments are so expensive they make MS seem reasonable. I stopped worrying about it its my life I am paying for.

When you get a diagnoses it will be alot better. Not knowing is hard.

Alex
Thanks, you are an inspiration. Your attitude is amazing. I hope your fight with cancer is won.