Multiple Sclerosis Community
How long does it last

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

How long does it last

I was just wondering how long "attacks" last? I know this question has been asked and probably has been answered but I'd had tingling/burning for 4 months now. I have a neuro appt. in Oct. but I was just wondering if this IS MS-will this sympton EVER go away or will I just have to accept it?

I know there are different types of MS and I keep reading about a lot of people's symptoms going away after awhile.

Do those that have Progressive MS just live on a daily basis with all of your symptoms?

Do those that have relapsing/remitting...how long do your attacks last?

Again, I haven't been dx with MS. My GP doesn't think I have it. However, I can't ignore the constant parasthesias I've had for 4 months.

I think this is such a wonderful forum and have taken such an interest in this disease. I know that even if it turns out I don't have MS I will want to be active in this cause.

Here's hoping for more good days than bad for everyone!
Hello there,

I was diagnosed 12 days ago and do not know much about ms in general.  Quix is a real gem as she has tons of knowledge.  
However, from experience in combination with what I read in the last couple of weeks attack (or episodes) can last anything from couple of minutes to months.  
I have had tingling now for about 2-3 months now and although I strongly hoping it will get better, as the body tries to repair or mininise the damage after an attack, it almost seems tingling may be there for a bit longer as the damage has perhaps already been done.

Quix, how are you? have you got any opinion on this?

I would also like to understand a bit more about the tingling, as although is painless, neverthless it can be unpleasant and I feel it most of the time.  

Thank you in advance for any more thoughts on this.

Janey1

MS is different for everyone. I would suggest trying to see a different dr. Do you have any memory or balance problems? These are definite signs of MS. My body fromw waist down was numb for 1 month. Since I started Copaxone, it isn't as bad. Can feel some.  Don't know if this will help or not. Karina
This exact same thing has happened to me.  I have had tingling/burning sensations for 2 months now, mainly on my right side but occasionally on my left in specific spots.  My blood work and MRI came back normal. Sometimes the tingling does cause pain.  I don't have my neurology appointment until the end of this month.  Any more thoughts on this?
Karen