How long does it last
I was just wondering how long "attacks" last? I know this question has been asked and probably has been answered but I'd had tingling/burning for 4 months now. I have a neuro appt. in Oct. but I was just wondering if this IS MS-will this sympton EVER go away or will I just have to accept it?

I know there are different types of MS and I keep reading about a lot of people's symptoms going away after awhile.

Do those that have Progressive MS just live on a daily basis with all of your symptoms?

Do those that have relapsing/remitting...how long do your attacks last?

Again, I haven't been dx with MS. My GP doesn't think I have it. However, I can't ignore the constant parasthesias I've had for 4 months.

I think this is such a wonderful forum and have taken such an interest in this disease. I know that even if it turns out I don't have MS I will want to be active in this cause.

Here's hoping for more good days than bad for everyone!
Hello there,

I was diagnosed 12 days ago and do not know much about ms in general.  Quix is a real gem as she has tons of knowledge.  
However, from experience in combination with what I read in the last couple of weeks attack (or episodes) can last anything from couple of minutes to months.  
I have had tingling now for about 2-3 months now and although I strongly hoping it will get better, as the body tries to repair or mininise the damage after an attack, it almost seems tingling may be there for a bit longer as the damage has perhaps already been done.

Quix, how are you? have you got any opinion on this?

I would also like to understand a bit more about the tingling, as although is painless, neverthless it can be unpleasant and I feel it most of the time.  

Thank you in advance for any more thoughts on this.

Janey1

MS is different for everyone. I would suggest trying to see a different dr. Do you have any memory or balance problems? These are definite signs of MS. My body fromw waist down was numb for 1 month. Since I started Copaxone, it isn't as bad. Can feel some.  Don't know if this will help or not. Karina
This exact same thing has happened to me.  I have had tingling/burning sensations for 2 months now, mainly on my right side but occasionally on my left in specific spots.  My blood work and MRI came back normal. Sometimes the tingling does cause pain.  I don't have my neurology appointment until the end of this month.  Any more thoughts on this?
Karen