Hyper reflexes
I just got back from the Neuro and she said that everything looked normal from her examination. She said that I have hyper reflexes, is that a good thing? She is still going to do an MRI but does not expect to find anything. She was not very nice and made me feel a little crazy for being there. She said that my vision problems were not neurological and to go to an eye doctor. I am just more frustrated than before now. So I guess I should not expect to get a lot of answers from the MRI either. Where do I go from here?
See what she says about your MRI, and then go to another neuro. Don't put up with being treated like the village hypochondriacal idiot.

No, hyper reflexes are not a "good thing." They're a sign of pathology involving the spinal cord, at least.

What kind of an exam did she do? Did she shine lights into your eyes? Take good notes? Ask questions and follow-up questions? Do a thorough exam that lasted at least a half hour? Or was she just barely earning her paycheck?

I'm really starting to become irritated at the way these neuros are treating people.

E
She did do an exam but did not take a lot of notes. I just kind of felt like I was being discounted. She checked my reflexes which really surprised her for some reason and she asked if I had always been that way but just kind of laughed about it. So I assumed it was a good thing. I don't get my reflexes checked much so how do I know? She just asked if one side of my body was not responding and I have not had that happen. I told her that I have had major headaches lately, vision problems, shaky hands, confusion, (can't seem to say the right word a lot lately). She just laughed when I said that and said that is common.  She did shine lights in my eyes and ask me to follow her fingers, but I was definitely not in there 30 minutes, maybe fifteen. I am 35f and I know that something is wrong, but she made me feel like a crazy loon!:)
that is horrible, there are so many Neuro that treat people like that.  You are not alone with this... so many people are treated this way...

And for her to laugh while examining you is not acceptable. I would get the MRI done...get a copy for yourself, and after that get another Neuro....let you doctor know how you were treated, and you don't need to be treated that way.  

hang in there, you know your body and if something is not right....

andie
Run away from that bruja. That is inappropriate. And shaky hands, vision problems, major headaches, and confusion are NOT "common" at age 35 and not "normal" no matter how common in people who are older. She should have taken it all seriously and investigated it appropriately.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I've been to a couple of neuro's just like that.  Run as fast as your hyper reflexes will let you.  I also have very hyper reflexes and was told this is normal for people with MS.  So, I would have thrown up my red flag right then and there.

I would definitely go ahead and see what she says about the MRI and then take it to the next neuro on my list.  You do not ever deserve to be treated like that.  We are the ones interviewing the doctors and we certainly don't have to hire them.  

It's your body and you know something is wrong so that's all that matters.  Trust me honey, you will find a neuro who cares.  Maybe you should look for one that specializes in MS.

I'll be praying,
Carol
  I would run and find another neuro. It really torks me off when they treat you like this thing is unimportant. My last exam I had hyper reflexes on my left side and little to nothing on the right and was told by two different dr's that that is not normal in any way. Hon, my best advice is see what she has to say and tell her sternly you did not appreciate being treated like you were on your last appt. If she still is being an incompetent doctor and making you feel like S*** tell her she is FIRED. They don't like to hear that and she may change her tune. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Let us know hows this progresses.

With Hugs,

Ada
Thanks so much to you all for making me feel better. I just have days when I start to believe maybe I am just crazy and today was one of them. They said I should have the MRI done by the end of the week. I hope so and I am definitely not going to see her again after I get that done. You know it is bad enough when you are struggling on a daily basis just to function and then it just makes it so much worse to have someone blow off everything you are feeling.
Thanks and I will let you know when I get the results.
By the way what is an MRA? The receptionist said that was being scheduled with the MRI.
My neuro told me that my hyper reflexes were due to spasticity.

Maybe it would be a good idea to see an opthamologist.  Many people who have MS start with optic neuritis symptoms.

Deb
I think I am going to make an appt with an opthamologist just for a check up and see what they have to say about the vision things.
Thanks and I'll keep posting.
I just reposted something from January for you.  Love to you, Amy
Thank you so much. I just read it and will keep all this in mind when I go to get the results of my MRI. I believe you are right that when a doctor does not know whats wrong they do not want to admit that.
I feel since I have had migraines my MRI might not tell me a lot. The doctor already warned me that things will show up from the migraines and to not worry about those. It's all so confusing and frustrating.
Thank you for the support!:)
I HAVE MS AND HAVE HYPER REFLEXES
BUT I DO NOT NO WHAT THAT MEANS.
CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS?
FELL BETTER
KITT
BOY I MESSED THAT UP.
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO.
ON HYPER REFLEXES.
MY BRAIN IS UP MY BUTT TODAY.
KITT
I am really not sure what that means.
She did not explain at all but did act like it meant something.
If anyone else knows, could you please explain? Thank you!
You asked about an MRA. That is the MR with an angiogram. You can google it for more details. I think it has to do with checking out blood vessels.

Suzanne
Thank you, I did google and found out more about it. They sound very similar and it sounds like most of the time they are done together.