Multiple Sclerosis Community
I Dont Want to Go Back To The Hospital ! Dont know what to do !

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I really hate posting these kinda posts on here but, I don't know what else to think about it..   So, here it goes today everything was ok.  I went to Aqua therapy and then home to take a rest for awhile.  I fell asleep and must have forgot to swollow because I woke up coughing and couldnt get my breathe.  So, I decided that I would rest for awhile and then get into the shower.   My husband put me in the shower.   I didn't even have the water on yet and it felt like someone was taking both of there hands and pushing on my ribs.   It brought me to tears that fast.  I took my shower in a hurry and got my husband to get me out right away..

It has let up but not gone away.  Everytime I turn around something is wrong / new with me....   I cryed all evening I explained to my husband something is wrong and I don't know what it is hard to describe.    

I don't like telling him but, I fear if I don't and something does happen to me atlease he will know.  

I'm sick everyday and don't know why?   It almost feels like I'm doing something wrong.

I did realize that it seems to happen more often every time I go to Aqua therapy.  Can the pool actually be causing me to be sicker?

I'm really at a lost for words.    I don't want to go to the hospital I can see them saying oh, god here comes misty again.  Weren't u just here.   I was but what I'm I to do?    

I don't want to go to the hospital but, I don't want anything to happen to me.   Should I just continue going on?

Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments.    That would be helpful for me to try.

I pretty much always use a heating pad.   Not working.

Thanks guys for all your replies I just feel as if my body is hitting rock bottom.

I'm I going to lose this fight?

Take care
  Misty.......    Bless all u guys...   I'm hanging on but, not by much.

Is it possible that the water is too warm that you are exercising in?  I know you are not dxed but if you do have MS that may be the cause.  Something is sure causing it!
Go to ur PCP u may be experiencing numerous numbers of things and u need tests done! Have u been having me fevers?
I was thinking the same thing but, the water did feel very compfortable awhile I was in it but, I do notice a heavy feeling getting out.  I just thought that was normal. Thanks for replying to my post.

Take care
        Misty
  Hey, Mike thanks for responding to my post.   My pcp will just tell me to go to the Er which I'm not doing.   I don't have no fevers.

Hope all is well with you.

Take care,
           Misty

If the water therapy is a trigger, then maybe your body is not in a state to be able to handle the exercise.  While some exercise and keeping in motion is good for MS, I know for me, when I had a flare or something triggers symptoms, it hurts to just get out of bed....  

Maybe listen to your body and skip a couple of the water therapy sessions, see how you feel.  Also, question on what is the weather like where you are?   While you are connecting your symptoms to the water therapy, any chance the symptoms also are timed to a change in weather?  I only ask because 2 weeks ago I started with a major increase in symptoms (nothing new, old stuff just screaming), and it turns out the cold weather moving into the area was the trigger.  

Another thought for you... keep a daily log or journal of what you eat, what you do, where you go, what the weather is like....  Any chance you eat something particular before or after the water therapy?   Keeping the journal will show you the patterns and hopefully you can figure out what the trigger is, be it the water therapy, weather, a food you eat, etc.  

Good luck and keep hanging on....  even if its by your fingernails...

Jen
I was going to say the water might be too warm also.
The neuro told me to never go into a therapy pool because the water I susually over 90 degrees.

I go for w after aerobics MS classic the main pool at the YMCA.
The water is never above 84 Degrees.

Hope you feel better.

Kerri
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I have a lot of the same issues. My wife has to help me a lot. I haven't figured out what makes it worse for me either. I have gone to the ER and I understand your feeling. I also think its correct. Last time I went my whole body just hurt headache so bad tears were just flowing. I won't say I ws crying ( man thing) it was tears of pain.. lol

They gave me some drugs and set me home. The doctor did give a follow up call. All I can use to comfort myself is we see a lot of people are either in the same pain level or worse so I just keep pushing. I hope they can give me a name to what has changed me.

Once we know I think we will feel better and be able to say.... That is just my MS acting up. Instead ... what is this, what did I do, what can I do to fix this..

I don't know if my ramble helped just wanted you to know others understand your fears and pain.
Thanks for your responce to my post.  I loved all of your suggestions that u made I will try all of them.  I'm hanging in there hoping that this will pass and I will get through this without anymore complications.   I don't believe it the weather here.   I really think its the pool I will find out soon if this pass and doesn't return.    I have also kept a journal on everything and will continue to do so.  I really enjoyed Aqua therapy but, if that what's going on its simply not worth me going.

Thanks so much for your support and thoughts.  

Take care.....   I'm going to try and sleep this off.

Misty
Thanks for your post and thoughts.

Take care.......   Sorry I could write a lot more but Im not well.  Going to try and sleep this off
  I didn't know men don't cry.......  Lol,  Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to respond means a lot.   I'm trying to rest this off.  U r so lucky to have a very supportive wife.  My husband does do everything he can but, is really having a hard time with this.  I try to express my feelings to him and he shuts down.   It would be so helpful to me to be able to get a man opinion or help.  I would love to know what's he is thinking or feeling.   We r not getting along anymore and very scared he will walk out on me with three kids.  

I'm completely one that admits there faults so I can say that I do take it out on him when I'm in really bad pain.  I don't mean to but, it does happen.

Im rambling also,  sorry...  I wish u the best.

Take care
        Misty
I can  only say us as men fear losing people we get close to and let in our hearts. We always have to be the man per say. At least its true for me, I was the head of the house everything was done on my say. now much different my wife is great in many ways love her to death and is doing her best.

I don't know how you and your husband got along before but he must be scared, and fears a lot right now. From the way you feel I am sure the bed time action is very low if any. My wife does things to make me feel like a man still and knows it maybe different for both of us but the little stuff works well also. He also has to do a lot more so he must be overwhelmed. Wife's know that feeling yet us men will never understand. We have had our kids help a lot more and find my son loves helping, he is 12 don't get me wrong he still sighs but he does it.

I also do put myself on the other side and see how much she does to help and the care she has. That allows me to focus on her even if its a few hours, I'll do what she wants or kick her out for a night with the girls.

My wife and I also talk a lot. I drive her nuts with trying to dx myself... one minute OK Dr. Minigutti must be right with saying MS. 20 minutes later hunny do you think it could be anxiety?   That drives her crazy since she has seen me crawl to get to the bathroom.. along with many other symptoms she said I could cause if I was Tom Hanks...lol

I guess I would say hun I love you and need you. I see how much you do for me since this happen what can I do, what would you like me to do for you?

He may not bite at first but it will sink in you care and see his hard work, we need to pound our chest... He may say a week later remember when you said... will you do this. That would be a good sign he is super stressed and just plain worried.

I don't know if this helps... but I hope so...

Just remember this crap makes us focus on us and our problems we still have others in our lives that need us. That has help me.

Best wishes to you and your family, this is not easy even if it's not MS.
Thanks so much for your reply that really helped me to have a man perspective on things.  We had a wonderful relationship before all this happened.  I'm contantly reminding him how much I love him no matter what.

Along with let him know how thankful I am to have him in my life.  I'm a firm believer in communcation and we always used to be able to talk about everything.   Now, its almost like as long as we don't talk about whats going on in my body or how much pain I'm in we r ok.  This is a hard task for me to do.  I want to be able to continue to let him know but, it just makes him mad.  His response to me is I'm not a doctor.   I know that he is not a doctor but, I feel I'm fighting alone.  

I know he cares and loves me very much.  It's just very hard for him and me.

I only want things to get better between us.  We have been together for 15 yrs. He told me about a week ago that he only wants his wife back.  It's sad because I can't give that to him.   I also told him he doesn't deserve this life and I would understand if he wanted to walk away.   I know he is under stress. I just wish he would open up to me.  

I can only hope that this gets better once we have answers.  And, so maybe the doctors can explain things to him so, he would understand things better.

As far as the sex life we have one but, thats. hard also

Your message helped a lot thanks again.

Take care
        Misty.  
I get this problem, and it is very scary.  Have you been tested for sleep apnea?  It sounds like you may have this.  Lesions on the brain stem could cause this problem.  I don't know if this is what has caused me to choke on my saliva at night and wake up choking, but I will certain be asking the MS specialist when I see her.  

One thing that may help is to not eat for several hours before bedtime and to be sure the head of your bed is raised up a little bit.  If you have any reflux, which is common for people with MS, you certainly don't want to have your stomach contents or acid in your lungs.  

I'm not sure if it's the aqua therapy or not.  If you're overheated, I can see that it can cause problems.  If you're exercising before bedtime, you may want to move your time earlier in the day.  

Hopefully your neurologist will investigate the source of this problem.  Maybe a sleep study could shed light on this problem.  

Deb
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion they were also very helpful.   I know that I have my days and nights mixed up.  I'm up all night and sleep all day.  I've never had a sleep study done.  I must have been in a very light sleep because it was like I didn't know how to swollow.  I woke up right away and started choking.  This has only happened once.

Thanks again.......  

Take care.
       Misty
That sounds more like a sleep paralysis episode.  It's a state that occurs just as you are falling asleep or waking up and usually indicates you aren't moving smoothly through the sleep stages.  It can be very frightening.

Hope you get good rest tonight.
Mary
Thanks for your support and comments Mary. They were very helpful.

I hope all is well with you.

Take care
                  Misty
  Thanks for all the very thoughtful comments that were made on this post.

Very helpful

Take care everyone
       Misty
I didn't even read thru your responses but just had to reach out and give you a hug...I so know where your at  and have been there many a time.

At the moment all I can say is to take it easy for a while.  I'd skip the water therapy a couple of times and see how you feel.  

MS is such a trial and error thing.
Thanks a lot.  I need to skip Aqua therapy because I'm  not doing well right now. And, I had therapy today that I forced myself to go.  

Sorry, guys I need to rest.  

Misty.....   Thanks for all the concerns.