Multiple Sclerosis Community
I finally have my answers!!!

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I finally have my answers!!!

After months of doctor appointments, I finally have  my answers!! It might not have been what I wanted to hear but its a start down my long road ahead...What gave me the results I needed were that I had Bands in my spinal fluid..So with that plus the lesions on the brain & the ON it was conclusive that I have MS.. I see the MS specialist on Aug. 4..His name is Dr. Hubert he is the head of NYU and appeared on Montel Williams Show..I was told that I might not have another relapse for many yrs..

When I looked up all my options for medicine I decided that copaxone was the best for me..Even though that you have to take it everyday, I like the sounds of that better then avonex...With avonex you can have flu like symptons on the days you dont take the shot and with copaxone you dont have those side effects..

Thanks for all your concern,

Joe
I am so glad that you have your answers. I am so sorry that you do in fact have MS.
If you do not mind me asking, how long have you been on the road of dx?
I am glad that you seem to have found a great neuro. Were you dx with RRMS?
Have a great day,
~Tonya
Congratulations on moving out of the Great Unknown!  Tough diagnosis, but you really did suspect it was coming.  I hope they are right and that, with the Copaxone, you are able to go relapse-free for a long time.  That would be absolutely fabulous.

No, you are a card-carrying member here!  Make sure, even though you have a life to live, that you stay with us!!  We have the MS Mafia Family Rules - No One Leaves.  Don't try us, lol, we have some creative ways to keep you here!

Quix
Thank you for all your help..Im trying to keep my head up..This forum has been a godsend it really helps me deal with everything...I dont plan on going anywhere..I am hoping that I go  with-out relapse for a long time as well..I feel a little down today & its a hard pill to swallow but I am going to do my best to get through this especially with the help from my girlfriend..

Anyway, after today I feel like having a cold beer!!! LOL

P.S.  I guess this means my friday happy hours and having a few beers are over!!!
I have been going through all of this since April.. Im not sure if that is type of MS I have yet..I havent met with the specialist yet.
I'm glad you have some answers...not easy but answers...you will not be alone and I'm glad your girlfriend is there for you..

take care
andie
Well, I feel like I know both you and your girlfriend after our phone conversation at the very beginning of this.  I am sorry that it ended up being MS, I know you  were nervous about this possibility!  But, that being said, I am glad that you at least know what you are dealing with, so you can begin treatment right away.

You know about my story, and like I told you I have been in Limbo for two years, stuck between ADEM and MS.  My symptoms started very much like yours, with vision dysfunction, and still the doctors cannot definately say, because my spinal tap was negative.  It could still be MS, but who knows how long it will take for them to figure me out!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

I am glad that you are going to see a good specialist( I love Montel) and that you will be in good hands for your treatment.  My neuro left this month to go to another job, so now I will be changing to one of the other neuro's in that office. Good thing is, this one is suposed to be an MS specialist and is heading up the new MS clinic at University of Tennessee hospital where I go. This will be my third neuro,  hopefully he will be able to figure this out for me.

Your Dx was pretty quick and you really haven't had the time to prepare, but  from what I have learned about other possible diagnosis, some of them fatal, MS don't look so bad to me anymore!  No one wants to have MS, including me, but from what I see here on this forum, from the real experts, the ones who are living with MS, it is not the end of the world.  Infact most of the people here are leading  normal lives, with a snag or two here or there!!!

You have support from both your girlfriend and all of us here, and with all this support, I know you will be fine!!! Give this news some time to sink in.  It will take some time to adjust your mind to this, and that is totally normal.  

I am keeping you and your girlfriend in my thoughts and prayers and I will PM you my number incase either of you need to talk!!!

Your friend,
~Santana~
Hey Joe,

Wow, well, at least you know what you are dealing with.  I wish you all the best w/the Dr in NY.  I'm so glad you are not going through this alone, and that your GF learns about the disease right along with you.  So very important to your future and your relationship.  

Hope you'll share w/us your experience w/Hubert. Living in the same state, I'm always glad to put someone on the "A" list.

Stay well Joe!  Please tell your girlfriend to join us too! We need both sides of the fence experience.  Those w/MS, and those "living" with an MSer.

-Shelly
Hey guy's, I'm having some pain in my left hip and lower leg ....It's not so bad, but I know it's there. Could this be from MS?

Thanks, Joe
I don't believe that we have "spoken" before but I want to say how happy I am for you that you have a doctor that listened and performed the tests that helped you find the answers we all so desperately need.  Now you can get on a DMD and you can move on with your life and for that I have to say Congratulations!  Remember that we are still here should you need any questions answered and perhaps the experience you have had can be used to help others that are currently going through what you have just experienced and you could be a big help!

Lots of Hugs,

Rena
Hey there, I don't believe we have met ...nice to meet you and thank you! Yes it's not something I wont, but to tell you with all the other testing I went for ...and there were many!! MS don't sound that bad anymore. It's new to me yet and i'm sure it's not going to easy for me at first! I will try and help others as much as I can on here with anything I go through. We have really good Doctors here and they get to the point fast with things and that always a good thing in my case.

Hugs,

Joe
Hey Joe,

It can be from MS, but it's hard to say.  The worse thing about newly dx'd, is knowing the difference between MS, and what happens typically from an activity or something.  

Can you describe it?  i.e., Are you having problems moving your leg? Did it last 24 hours, then disappear? Any spasms?

be well,
Shelly