Multiple Sclerosis Community
I have a question about the difference in MRI (T1, T2, T3) etc . . .

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I was wondering what they whole difference is between the T1, T2, T3 stuff with the MRI's?  My current neuro had ordered a brain MRI and I was looking at the report and it says "T2 weighted images"  or something like that.  I notice other people mentioning these numbers too, and was wondering what is best for something like this (brain MRI's).  Thanks for the input.  

Helen
I've actually written a health page on this one!  The simple answer is that T1, T2, and FLAIR are different mathematical formulas for throwing those magnets around.  They spin in different directions, depending upon which formula you use.

For the health page, look at the top of the screen, on the right hand side : How An MRI Works.