Multiple Sclerosis Community
I think I have MS or something similar...

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I have always had pain in bones and joints even since I was a young child. I began having muscle pain in the last five years on a regular basis just like the joint and bone pain. Within the last month some days of the week I will wake up and have literally no strength in my hands, I can't even open a door, until about noon when i start to regain a little strength. During this time my scalp and face get really itchy to but no rash or anything. I have always gotten itchy palms and the soles of my feet itch a lot but not on the surface it feels deep, no matter how much i scratch it still itches. I have these episodes once a month or so where it feels like my intestines swell up and are inflamed, it hurts to move or even breath when my tummy hurts like this. I feel tired all the times now but I have problems sleeping. My whole body feels sore like I have been carrying an elephant around with me. I feel like something is going on and it is making me walk funny. my balance is getting horrible my vision is getting worse. Only sometimes when I take off my glasses do i have really blurry vision, it makes me feel like i am cross eyed.

I know that I have to go to the doctor and get testing to find out what is really going on just wanted to know if maybe MS is something I should have my doctor test for. I have Medi-cal and unless you demand they run test and stuff they will just tell you your fine and nothing to worry about.
thanks guys
It is hard to say. MS itself does not cause bone and joint pain. MS is nerve pain. There are many illnesses which have the same symptoms as MS. If it were I would start with my PCP.

Alex
What is PCP?
Oh nevermind, primary car physician.
Hi atman- in addition to what Alex has shared, MS does not typically present bilaterally. Generally speaking it will effect your right arm rather than both arms.

Kyle