I'm a bad boy
Today I broke down to one of my biggest weaknesses.  Not sure why, but probably since I have been having such a rough time lately.  I went shopping and made the mistake of going through the bakery section and saw a Triple Chocolate Cake. Now what kind of self respecting chocoholic could pass that up. :)

So I get home from shopping and ate my lunch followed by 1/2 of the cake. If I hadn't eaten lunch first I probably would have eaten the entire cake. So now here I sit kicking myself and debating on if I should really take my Glucose test or not. It is probably sky high from all that cake and if I take it my doctor will see this and might want me on Glipizide again.

Dennis
*giggle* I'm sorry but I LOVE it! It's not like you eat half a cake every day. I would use something I learned in WW's for this. Enjoy it and remember tomorrow is a new day. :)
I'm with Sidesteps *giggle* but sometimes that treat will reset your "mood thermostat".

I would certainly watch for signs and symptoms of the high blood sugar levels and if you feel worse (physically~ mentally your in chocolate heaven). I take it your blood sugar keeps a running totaling of the sugars (this is NOT my area of expertise!). If so wait your full 2 hours post-postprandial and just be honest wit your doc. Everyone deserves a break every once in a while. Just DO NOT make it a habit!!

You know I could help you out with the other half of the cake so you won't be tempted to eat it :~)).

Take care !!!!

Ren
bottle of water, then walk for 15 minutes

repeat x 3.....sure cure!  got it from my nursing school mentor

Dennis...

You are right, you are a bad boy!!!  Can't believe you would do such a thing...  and not buy enough for everyone!!!!  :)    

I agree with everyone, if you were doing this everyday, maybe someone would yell at you...  but you know what, every once in a while...  well, we won't tell your doctor if you won't!   Especially if you are smiling and enjoy every bite of it :)

Enjoy your moment!   and sounds like sarah knows what she's talking about, so drink, walk and pee the cake away :)

And remember, next time share!!  :)  

Jen
I decided to look on the bright side. It wasn't one of my German Chocolate Cakes. Mine is a 4 layer cake with Hot Fudge Coconut Pecan Frosting. I use to make one of these every year for my birthday. The cake I make from scratch but I cheat a little bit on the frosting by mixing hot fudge with the store bought coconut pecan frosting.

When I lived in Florida I had several friends that kept encouraging me to open a restaurant or bakery. Some would even make up excuses to get me to make one of my German Chocolate Cakes. Most of the time the excuses were kind of plausible but the time one used the excuse of her daughter got a "C" on her math test sticks in my head. I did consider the bakery idea for a second, but I already had MS then and doing the baking of just one cake would wear me out a lot.  

Ren,
  I did decide to take your advice this time and be honest with my doctor. My meter keeps a record of the date and time of each test along with the results. When I see my doctor I am suppose to bring my meter with me and she looks at all of the records to see how I am doing. So I took my post meal reading and was very surprised. The reading was only 146. So now I am scratching my head as to why my Glucose didn't spike as I would have figured it would have been over 200 with all that cake....

Dennis
Im in the process of trying to lose weight and you have made me jealous!  Chocolate cake OMG! My mouth is watering as I type.  

Good thing I buy all my groceries on line and have to wait a day or two for delivery, otherwise I'd go get some now ; )

Glad u enjoyed.

Regards
MMMmmmmm Was there Milk? And a sense of instant gratification?
How decadent!

Now we should all join you - no sense being in such isolation!
I'm going to my cabinet and cutting open a bag of chocolate chips, and I'm going to add a handful of those salty almonds staring at me, and if I'm super lucky there will be ice cream in the freezer to throw underneath!

Uh, best not take that test right now...
Well, I gave up chocolate for Lent (yea, don't know why in the world I chose that!) so hearing your story made my mouth water!  Everyone has to have a weakness every once in a while.  There will be no cute, brightly colored cake for Easter, just chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  As long as you don't make a habit of it, I am glad it was good!
Oh, Dennis!!  What a treat!!  Well, I'm glad your numbers didn't go off the wall.  I'm also an admitted chocoholic, but instead of going whole hawg, I keep a package of Valrhona 71% around.  One square is all I do, just because all I really want is the momentary brief taste and surprisingly long lasting pleasure!  And remember, the higher the percentage of chocolate, the lower the glycemic index!
Oh I wish I could keep a package of chocolate around the house. I am too hooked on the stuff. Every time I buy any chocolate of any kind it only lasts a few hours at most. I'll tell myself I'll only have one piece but before I know it I have eaten every last piece of chocolate in the package. I swear that it calls to me "Eat Me, Eat Me", so I do. Even last night after I posted I ended up eating the rest of that chocolate cake. I just couldn't take the way it kept calling to me.

When I was married my Ex barely got anything chocolate from me. I would have to wait until the day of what ever event it was before I bought her chocolates. And even then I would have to buy 2 boxes, one for her and one for me to eat on the way home. Once she opened the box I gave her I would end up eating 3/4 or more of the candy. The only way she could get more than 1 or 2 pieces of chocolate was to hide it from me.

I could never figure out that Glycemic index stuff. It just kept on confusing me so I gave up. I just look at total carbs in what I eat.

Dennis

Mmmmmmmm all these posts are making me crave chocolate! Thanks for making me smile Dennis :)
Deb
Thanks for cheering me up!! I'm feeling abit down over MS stuff, but how can anyone stay truly down when theres a lovely story about chocolates and cake!! I'm so lucky my hubby doesn't like chocolate that much! All the more for me!!

Infact if I buy him chocolate its with my own tummy in mind ;). Glad you enjoyed that cake, sounded really delish!