Multiple Sclerosis Community
Ingrown toenail removal for relief of spasticity
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ingrown toenail removal for relief of spasticity

I had my 4 ingrown toenails removed in February. That would be the sides of my big toes, and the complete removal of the nail on both second toes in.

I have to tell you, it really has helped relieve the spasticity cycle that I was going through. But....................... hehe. I wear big heavy, sweaty work boots. These things are steel toed, metatarsal'd, water proof, shock proof, puncture proof you name it. Well long story short, 2 months and still fighting the pain from the removal. Some days, wow! These things are never going to heal. I know people that have had it done, and are back up to normal in just a week, so I'm not saying don't get it done. I am actually still happy I got them removed, but I am warning anyone out there, if you have a job that requires you to be in big bulky boots, expect a long recovery time. I've read and have been told that 4 months recovery in not unheard of.

The real scary part of the story is, that the Doc couldn't get my right big toe numbed. I told him to do it anyways. Let me tell you, I found out that I was tuff as hell that day lol,  AKA - PAIN.

Still, It really has helped with that monthly cycle of the spasticity attack, so I do recommend it to anyone who has this kind of problem.

Sorry if I'm all over the place here, my meds have been giving me cloudy brain lately.
Have a great Easter weekend everyone.
Remember Jesus this weekend
John