Injection Refresher for Newly Diagnosed
As you know, it's important to administer the medicine we take to fight this disease to the proper layer of skin, where it works, and this is an excellent PDF refresher for Subq injections. Felt the graphics are spot on.

http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/patient_education/pepubs/subq.pdf

I'm keeping my eye out an IM equivalent that's jsut as good as this subq pdf. Soon as I find it, I'll post it.

Thank you, Shell!
Thank you B-Shell
Bump for me to read later when I get home. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing!
Wow! There is a heck of a lot of information in that pdf.  Thanks for pulling that up and sharing.
Your all welcome - if someone comes up with an IM pdf that is just as visually pleasing, quick and to the point - spot on with technique and position, etc. ..please post it here!

Thanks Shell, although I inject with a Rebismart injector rather than free hand or rambo or whatever, I found this info to be informative.

I did find it curious that the rear end wasn't included in the location to shoot section. This is one of my favourite spots, because my wife has to do it for me. :)

Also, it seems to me the areas to inject on both the legs and the belly don't indicate as large an area as I use, hmmmmm, can I be doing any damage by shooting up outside these indicated areas?

I sometimes inject well to the side of my belly, and also way inside my thighs. Probably no big deal, I just wondered how near to these drawings others inject.

Anyway, thanks again Shell, I'm glad you put the effort to find and post these types of things.

Mike
Bumping for those who are experiencing problems.

At a recent Shared Solutions seminar a Dermatologist explained the absolute importance of hitting that sub-q layer.

1) It minimizes side affects (i.e., itching, swelling, lumps), and more importantly administers the medicine where it works - in that Sub-Q layer.  

2) Thin MSers think they need to adjust their needle accordingly, and his experience is folks are doing this on their own and having continued side affects because the needle is not getting into the Sub-Q layer.

Please look at the link above for a good visual. And, if are experiencing continued problems, sign-up for re-training. May find just one small part of the technique provided in re-training that will change everything you are experiencing.

I cannot say enough about these seminars. 5 years out and I'm still learning from them.
Thank you much sllowe. Lots of info but I'd read through and try to apply.
Hi Mills! Nice to see you! Your very welcome!
Hey Mike,

Yea - those spots for the rear are more like the love handles, still a good one for spouses for significant other ;)

I've always explained them the way I was taught. Put your palm directly on your cheek, then pull it up and over toward your upper hit, there is definitely good meat there, lol. I find those spots just as good as belly.
uh, that's the "upper hip," not hit, hahaha