Is MS a possibility without plaques?

I'm a 24 year old female. Until January, I did not really have any health problems. Aside from a cold here and there in the past, I've had Bell's Palsy and a couple of seizures.

In January, I started getting a mild, dull headache. I never have headaches, so when I had the same headache for over a week, I took notice. After a couple weeks, the pain would spike terribly and I started to develop a tic where I shake my head 'no.' The hearing in my ears was also off as though I needed to pop them and couldn't. My ears were not infected. The hearing problem lasted a few weeks, went away, and comes back about once a week now. I was also dizzy and my right leg and arm would sometimes go a bit numb like they were ready to fall asleep. The back of my right leg is often tingly and sometimes (not often) it's hard to walk because of the dizziness or because my legs feel like concrete blocks. In addition, it is often hard to concentrate on even simple things like counting money or remembering family member names.

I do not have health insurance, so I was seeing a community clinic doctor. He was treating me for what he felt was sinusitis. After a month of antibiotics and no relief, I visited an ENT who debunked the sinusitis idea after a nasal endoscopy. I went to get a brain MRI.

The MRI showed many prominent Virchow-Robin spaces that my community clinic doctor dismissed because the report from the radiologist said it was a non-specific finding. He suggested my symptoms were psychosomatic and that I should see a neurologist.

I ended up in the ER twice in the last month. The first time I went, I had felt drunk for two days in that I was stumbling and couldn't concentrate or speak very well. They said that since I did not have a tumor, that Virchow-Robin spaces mean nothing, and all of my blood tests were normal, that I should see their neurologist if my problems persisted. It had already been three months of ongoing symptoms. I work at a hospital, so the second time I went to *our* ER after my boss insisted I go when I was very dizzy and couldn't walk well. They did all the same tests. Both ERs asked about a family history of Multiple Sclerosis, both dismissed my MRI findings, both said I need to see a neurologist and couldn't give me anything but ibuprofen.

I'm really at a loss because I cannot go to work with these symptoms and I also cannot afford out of pocket neurologist visits. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be detailed. I just wanted to know what other people thought.
Hi and welcome to our little MS community,

I can see why MS is being mentioned, but there are many conditions that mimic MS and because you dont have anything specifically screaming MS, I would consider getting tested for auditory conditions (and possibly migraines?) because a lot of what you've described could fall into that area.

Cheers.........JJ