Multiple Sclerosis Community
Is it MS?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Is it MS?

I have a list of symptoms that have spanned most of my life (I am 30 now). I am in good health other than these symptoms.

When I was little (before I could talk) I had leg/feet pains. When I was old enough to tell my parents they took me to a podiatrist who said it was just growing pains. Now that I am much older and know how to better describe the pain, it is not a muscle pain or cramp. It feels deep down. It is achy, throbbing and shoots pain up and down my leg. It has never been explained. I also have always been super clumsy. My family used to say I would trip over air. I run the side of my body into things all the time. Like I don't judge my distance well.

Another pain I have started in '09. It started as a feeling that someone is jabbing me in between my spine and right shoulder blade. It now radiates up to the top of my shoulder, down my arm and into my fingers. I can't sleep on that side anymore or even have anything pressed up against my arm or shoulder. It shoots pain through my arm and hand. I also occasionally have tingling in my fingers.

My two newest symptoms are pain on the left side, on the side of my breast and armpit. Also, my right thumb goes numb when lightly pressed on the inside of my knuckle. Yesterday it went numb for about a minute.  

I went to the ob/gyn and had an ultrasound and mammogram, both clear. I have been to a few neurologists and an orthopedic surgeon. I stupidly got talked into having surgery on my shoulder in '11. They took out the bursa sac and a bone spur. The pain has increased since. I have had an MRI and that was negative. All these mysterious symptoms  are driving me crazy. I am going to see a new neurologist soon. Anyone have these symptoms and have been diagnosed with MS? Thank you in advance for any advice!
Hi and welcome,

The way you have described your situation doesn't sound MSish to me, it does sound like it could be nerve related though, so i'd suggest seeing your surgeon to discuss if what your experiencing now, could be connected to the surgery you've had.

Regarding your childhood issues, i dont see how they could be related, if what you experience since before you could talk (?) was due to MS, then your talking about paediatric MS, and that is quite rare. Just because of the rarity of it, makes it not very unlikely and because you didn't developed any diagnosable disability through out your development, i would think it would make it even more unlikely.

I would suggest you need to make an appointment with your orthopaedic  specialist/surgeon, considering your pain has increased as well as changed, since having the surgery to remove the bursa sac and bone spur.

Cheers..........JJ  
I also forgot that since September of last year I also will randomly have severe back spasms. When they happen they make me yell out.

Thanks for answering! By saying I had leg pains before I could talk, my mom said that I would cry and hold my legs and feet. She didn't know what was wrong until I could communicate.