Multiple Sclerosis Community
Is the numbness and tingling here to stay?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Jordan has had intermittent numbness and tingling for a long while but now it is consistent in arms and legs.  Is this something likely to stay around?  I have called all Neuros and updated them.  Darn it!  Jordan is definately more frusterated but hormones may play into this somewhat.  I wish I knew what more to do to help him.  I wonder if counseling might do him some good.  Maybe just having someone else to talk to may help.  Maybe this is a slow process but I sure wish it would go even slower.  Maybe this is nothing of what is to come.  I don't know what to think.  Thanks for any answers.

Sorry to hear Jordan is having ongoing numbness / tingling...  I know for me, its been a constant since last summer.  Some days worse then others, but its always there for me.  Doesn't mean that will be the same for him....  

I have started taking tart cherry which I think has helped with the nerve issues, but I joke that my arm being half numb and fingers kinda always half tingle is my 'new norm'...

But everyone is different!    I'm 43, so hopefully Jordan won't see it stick around permanently....

What did the neuro say when you called?  

Jen
The sensations I have that are associated with numbness on my face, right hand (I haven't checked my left left lower extremity lately) eventually stabilized then improved with the IVSM treatment.

I missed your earlier posts with Jordan's situation, did they ever treat him with IVSM or another steroid treatment?
He was treated back in January 2011 for 5 days of IV steroids.  He went from not talking, not walking, unable to urinate to making short sentences in 24 hours when they did the treatment.  I know they do not like to do this treatment unless absolutely necessary but the turn around was amazing.  He was then on steroids for additional 2 weeks at home.
Hi Ku,

It could be something he deals with daily, and then again, it could completely back down one day. You just never know. With spinal cord damage, inflammation, those signals get crossed, etc.

I could of sworn once burning on my back combined with disturbing sensations (felt like water and pressure in the center of my spine)that affected my ability to use the bathroom normally, and my legs to hold me well was here to stay. My neuro did too after 5 months. But, I'm happy to say I don't deal with that bad of an issue any longer - definitely not to that degree, the burning which was constand along w/the pressure is hardly there :)

Hold onto hope Mama!  Remind him it could pass - that you have friends who have seen changes :)
-shell