Is the numbness from ms constant? multiple sclerosis?
i wake up 4 mornings out of the week with my hands asleep..im seeing a doc and they suspect MS. As soon as i shake them awake its all better. With MS is it more of an all day type thing that doesnt go away that quick? or is it similar to what i explained?
I am diagnosed. My hands are numb every morning. I don't know if it's a ms symptom or not
That sound more like you are cutting off the circulation while sleeping than MS. I've had MS for over 20 years now. In the beginning the numbness came and went, but it was over days or weeks. Now it is constant. Of course my numbness is in my legs and not my hands so that may make a difference, but I don't think it does.

Dennis
Hi and welcome to our little MS community,

I have to agree with Dennis that is sounds more like circulation than MS, if it was being caused by something like MS, you wouldn't be able to shake them awake or do anything to return normal sensations as you say you can, so i'd think MS or similar is unlikely.

Cheers..........JJ  
Numbness in an arm will wake me up from sleep, but I also get it on and off throughout the day.  It is not constant for me.  

Why does your doctor suspect MS?  Are there other symptoms?
well i wasd on xanax for ahwile maybe im still going through wd...im gonna be getting an mri done soon here so i guess that will tell..ive been also getting weird headaches for many years now..im 22 and ive been getting these stabbing headaches...very localized since. worried :(( doc said it may be ms.
since i was 16*
Make sure the MRI is not done on an open MRI machine.  You want it to be done with the strongest one possible, otherwise it will probably be a waste of time and money . . .