Multiple Sclerosis Community
Itching related?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Itching related?

I am in the process of finding a new internist, someone who is capable of handling a very complicated case, mine in this case.

By doing as much research as possible on my symptoms, I came across a possible cause of my UNBARABLE ITCHING!!! MS?!!!

I am also going to require a new neurologist as my disability is based on such problems BUT READING THAT MS AND ITCHINESS CAN BE RELATED WILL BE INCREDIBLY HELPFUL FOR ME TO PASS ALONG!!

Twenty years I was given all sorts of tests, painful and not and got "3 out of 5 orange spots" being told that 3 means maybe MS down the line and 5 "for sure." I wasn't at all satisifed and the neurologist just dropped out!?!

Now, with my increasing weakness and other neuro problems the itching I have developed, almost out of the blue 8 weeks ago is incredible!!! It has almost immobilized me and has had me in tears!!! This could be a blessing in disguise in getting the pieces of the puzzle into one frame!!?!!

Please respond if itching has been a part of your journey.

Thank you

Burma
Burma, we have had a number of people here discuss the phantom itching and burning without a visible cause.  Yes,, it can be related to MS and I hope your doctor listens to you.

I am a bit confused about the 'orange' spots.  You may be referring to lesions, which are the areas of demyelination where the coating on the nerves has been damaged by your MS.  

good luck,
Laura
you are the 2nd person this week to refer to orange spots.
can you tell us what test produced these?

Itching has been an issue of mine that thankfully has gone away.  It came and went mysteriously, but for a year and a half, it was an itchy area on my scalp that was exacerbated by warm water in the shower. I didn't do anything for it - it was usually relieved when I got out of the shower.

Good luck with your path in finding a diagnosis - keep us posted.
Hi, I had the same problem.  I also had it, on the front of my legs, especially in the bath tub.  If I started to scratch, I literally could not stop.  It felt SOOOOO good, at first, until I started to get horrible marks on my legs, and spots of blood.  

I did take an antihistamine... and it seemed to help, maybe talk to your Dr. about it... maybe there is something for you.

I hope so, this is no fun, that is for sure...

Good Luck,
Candy
Those were from my spinal tap 20 years ago.
I had phantom itching as a symptom during my last two relapses. In my case it was not a major symptom. I would put it somewhere in the second half of the top ten symptoms.

Kyle