Multiple Sclerosis Community
Itchy bumps on feet

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Itchy bumps on feet

I was diagnosed with MS a few months ago. My neurologist thinks I have had it for several years and have just treated the symptoms individually. I have developed a new problem at I wondered if anyone else has.... I have been getting itchy bumps on my feet. They are similar to blisters but some seem to come to the surface of the skin while some remain below the surface. THEY ITCH LIKE CRAZY! Sometimes I can't sleep due to the itching.  Sometimes my palms also itch but they do not blister they just turn bright red. Does anyone have this problem? Maybe it is not connected with MS. Just wondering if I am the only one with this problem.
Hey there,

I dont think that what your experiencing is anything specifically to do with MS, unless its an allergic reaction to one of the meds but its not of its self an MS sx. To me it sounds more like a fungal or eczma (eczema) related see http://www.skinsight.com/adult/dyshidroticDermatitis.htm for some ideas.

cheers......JJ
My twin brother and I both have MS.  He was diagnosed in 1992 and I was diagnosed on 1996.  We both get little blister-like bumps (mostly on our hands) that itch like crazy.  They pop up, itch a lot and then fade away.  The duration varies with each one.  Our neurologists haven't put much stock in them as symptoms, but it seems too coincidental that we both have MS and get the little itchy bumps and no one else in our family gets them.

We believe they are somehow related to Chicken Pox because the bumps look like tiny little Chicken Pox.  Have you had Chicken Pox?
I think they're called "pomphlox".  It's a type of vesicular eczema.  I get them periodically too.  I don't think they're related to ms though... Unfortunately, even though we have ms, we are not immune to other problems.  They can become infected, if you pop them (or scratch them too much.)

There is a topical steroid cream that helps.  It's called Triamcinolone.

I this helps!
Tammy
... I have not been diagnosed with MS but am having this symptom. Should I go get tested for MS?
Hi M - Welcome to the group.

This symptom alone would not merit the investigation of MS as cause. The itching most often associated with MS is pahntom itching.

I had an intense itch on the back of my left shoulder. Nothing I did would ease it. I went to a dermatologist who found nothing. It was bad information being passed to the aprt of my central nervous system (CNS) that was causing the itch. There was no outward sign of the itch.

Once the inflamation (inflammation) that was cuasing the information to go bad was resolved the itch stoped.

Kyle