Itchy head
This is a very minor symptom but I ahve been experiencing an itchy head for a few weeks now and cannot work out if it is MS related or something else.  I have not changed my shampoo recently or medication so just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or thoughts.  Has anyone else ever had an itchy head? I know that many have had itchiness in other places related to MS.

Sarah
Yes, I have had an itchy head, a numb spot on my head and an itchy spot that was unrelieved by scratching (obviously the worst of the bunch). Each of them lasted 3-4 months. But, each of my itchy spots,regardless of location lasted this long.

I hope yours is short-lived!
Ren
Hi, Sarah. Luckily for me I haven't had this problem, since I'm sure it can drive you bonkers.

You don't mention, though, whether there is one particular spot on your head that is really bothering you. If so, that could be MS doing its thing. If it's the whole head, MS is very unlikely to be the culprit.

Why not try one of the special anti-itch shampoos for a couple of weeks and see whether that does the trick?

ess

Hi Sarah,

not so much an itchy head but an itchy shoulder, looking back it was one of my earliest symptoms and sometimes I scratch until I bleed, the Pregabalin took it away altogether but it came back when I changed to Gabapentin - drives me crackers some days and other days I don't feel it

Val
Hi Sarah, sorry your head itches!  That has to be very uncomfortable.  I know for me when I have a persistent itch it drives me crazy, plus I would hate to repeatedly scratch myself when others are around.  ;-o

The only time I have had a terribly itchy head was when I started a new medication and it didn't agree with me.  It sounds like you haven't began a new prescription though.  

The tops of my feet itch so badly at times that I literally itch until they bleed---have no idea what that is about.

So, I hope you find a solution soon.  Have you called your doctor?  

The only other thing I can think of is that sometimes a person can develop an allergy to something they have been using for a long time.  Just a thought.

Let us know ok?

love and hugs

Red
Thanks everyone and I think time will tell. it could be the chlorine from the swimming pool but I have been going swimming for several months. I think I will try changing my shampoo and conditoner and will mention it to neuro at my monthly consultation next week.

love and hugs to you all

Sarah x