Multiple Sclerosis Community
It's Monday......

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

It's Monday......

I have never started one of these but here it goes. What are you all up to this week?

I am getting over a minor fall from last week & having one of those weeks so far. I seem to just want to hurt myself constantly....which is not new to me so I should be used to it by now. Yesterday I stubbed my toes & as I was responding to that I pulled my head up & hit the corner of a shelf. : D Now that takes a lot of talent. I really walloped my head but I could not stop laughing at the situation. This is just one incident in a long line during the last week.

My weeks pretty boring really with some PT & then spending the rest of the week getting over the PT lol. So that's my week in a nut shell.

Anyone doing anything interesting?

Karry.
My book chapter on MS is Called a journey of a thousand steps starts with a few falls.

I am having chemo this week. Spending most of my time training Fiona. She has learned sit, down, crawl, stand, sit up, roll over, come, is learning heal and stay. Pretty good for a deaf puppy.

Alex
Hey karry,

I'm purposely having a relaxing week, we're neck deep in renovating mum's place before it goes on the market. We levelled her back yard over the weekend, I stuck to the easier jobs and cut back over grown shrubs along the driveway and walking paths. We had to remove a couple of dead trees, and although it wasn't the plan we basically cleaned up the entire garden. I don't know what it is about gardening now but we no longer get along, it always hurts more than i expect it too and takes longer to recover than I bargained on.

You'd think i'd learn the lessons but i don't think anything is going to stop me from living the enjoyable moments lol oh and for my next trick............my brother has built for me a recumbent bike :D he's focused on some of my issues so it will be easier but i'm not convinced i'm still capable of peddle power these days.............thoughtful gift but i've got to laugh considering the last gift he got me was a wheel chair ROFL there only similarity is the wheels lol

Cheers...........JJ

I am thankful to finally have power! Arthur was only a post-tropical storm when he hit but I was 3 and a half days without power and lost my groceries.

My dumb luck to be helping my landlady by keeping an eye on her hubby while she's away.

He wandered out of the house early yesterday morning with one of his epileptic seizures and collapsed. Thankfully the ambulance folks found him and suprisingly the hospital released him yesterday afternoon.

Taking an extra day off work to make sure he is ok to be left alone and getting groceries.

Things can only get better after I have my MRI tonight. :-)

I hope everyone has a good week!

Corrie
Gosh Corrie you sound like your having a bad one so far. I really hope things improve for you for the remainder of the week. I hope your MRI goes well for you.

JJ, I've been using a recumbent bike at PT but need them to lift my legs & strap them on the peddles. So I would not be able to use one at home based on this. Its taken me a while to get used to it but I am getting better each time.
I hope you are faring well with all these Reno's!

Alex, I'm intrigued on what you are writing in your book about your MS journey as the title is certainly appropriate to many of us.
Fiona has come a long way in such a short time. I hope she is bringing you all the joy you deserve.

Take Care,

Karry.