Its going to be a long night....
Oh do I hate early morning appointments. I really really do. When ever I have an early appointment I always have trouble sleeping. Part of it is because I know I can easily sleep right through an alarm going off. I have slept through fire alarms going off right above me head. But the other part is that I just can't seem to turn off my brain. I will be constantly going over things I need to bring, questions I want to ask, symptoms I want to mention, etc.

I have taken all of my meds, some of which help me to sleep. Well all except my Hydrocodone as that would make me sleep until tomorrow night.  But still no sleep is in my future. In fact it is getting so late that I probably shouldn't try to sleep or I will not be able to get up even if I heard the alarm. I should have been asleep almost 4 hours ago as I have to get up at 5AM.

So am I the only one with this kind of problem? If not what do you do to get to sleep? I have another appointment coming up this Saturday which is even early in the day so I'll have to get up by 4AM then. HELP!!!

Dennis
My solution is a compromise...I "tell" myself that we are taking a 'cat-nap" and it will only last 90 minutes. The is the average sleep cycle which  does involve some , all-important REM sleep.

I can function on a GOOD cat-nap if it does include a full sleep cycle which the mind needs to 'RE-SET ITSELF'.

Perhaps one or two quality cat naps will get you through the day. It has worked for me in the past...

Good luck,
ren
I know exactly how you feel... it happens to me all the time too, if I have to get up early I cannot sleep the night before.  I usually plan things for noon or after, but I know sometimes you just can't make it happen and you have these appt that are so early.

hope it goes well and you have had some sleep...
take care
wobbly
I do the same, i am just more comfortable going in later..for many reasons.  

I cannot sleep if I need to get up early, i worry about not getting any sleep so then I don't get any.

I cannot just get up and run out of the house either.  I need to do all my stuff and get myself together.

this may be OT but its on my mind...
..I take trazodone for sleep... if I take it at 10:00 and don't go to sleep until 1:00 and wake up at 6:00..anyway, i have already wasted 3 hrs of the trazodone being awake..I get about 6 hrs on 2 trazodone.  If I wake up at 4:00....well, you get the general idea,  I am totally confused now.

hhugs, meg
Thanks guys. I did manage to get some sleep maybe. All the rest of the night I would doze off for maybe 45 minutes to an hour at a time. It was like as soon as I would fall asleep my mind would wake me back up in order to check the clock by my bad.

Dennis
Have you ever tried melatonin? It's the naturally occurring chemical in your body that triggers you to get tired and fall asleep.  I have been taking 5mg nightly and it seems to work very well for me-no small feat since many meds that should knock me out don't make me sleepy at all...even the 20mg dose of baclofen I need to conquer spasms/spasticity that seem to plague me throughout each "episode" (no MS Dx yet) I have had so far.

Worth checking into to see if it's OK with your other meds...BTW, it's safe enough that it was recommended for my 10 year old son by a pediatric sleep center/pulmonology P.A. as a routine treatment for pediatric sleep problems. Works great for him, too!

Another up side-I don't have any "hangover" effect the next day.

Good Luck!!
Jen