Multiple Sclerosis Community
Jello shaky legs again

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Jello shaky legs again

I was so down from my neurosurgeon appt on 10/7, saying I needed surgery on my C3-4, but to follow up with him next week after I see the neurologist for a MS workup. Well, by friday night, my legs were feeling so much better(no jello shaky feeling) so I decided to go help our church with our annual Whale of a Sale. Its a huge garage sale that we do to give to our missionaries. Its lots of fun, and a great group of people. I was on my legs alot, pretty much the majority of 8 hrs. I paid for it on Sunday. I was exhausted and slept most of the day. My legs feel so weak from the knees down, not pain, but that spazzing out like Ive had for the last few weeks. Im assuming this is normal, to feel better one day and the next feel pretty weak. Im having such a hard time getting up from my chair, after a few moans and groans, and a few steps Im up, but SHAKY. This is so annoying!
That's so funny -- normal for what?  Let's not assume anything, Rutey, except that you need to get some REST!  Good for you for helping out at church, Sistah!  But now get ye to thy bed.

I know how annoying that is.  I usually spend all of Sunday in my jammies if we go to church on Saturday.  I hate it!  But it's my survival mode.  It gets me through the week.  Isn't it awful?  It can't be normal, can it?  

Hang on till your appointment and don't forget to tell your doctor.  Who knows, maybe YOU have CFS, too!  Wink, wink!  (Just kidding!)  Feel better, Rutey!

'Zilla*
For me if I go and do a lot one day, like shopping or running around with the kids, I usually pay for it the next couple of days.  Most of the time just going to my PT wears me out so much that the next day I can hardly do anything.  He has cut my PT down to twice a week because of that very reason.  He said it's not doing a lot of good if I'm in bed after every appt  because I need to be doing exercises at home on top of the PT.

Please let us know how your MS work up goes.  I know you wont get a dx then but he still may have an opinion.

I'll be praying,
Carol

Thanks for the kind words. Im just wanting all of this over. I know I have to have another neck surgery, but now this MS stuff. Im hoping I dont have it, but If I do or dont, I will definitely hang in this forum. All of you are so nice. I love all the posts, and Quix's knowledge on this subject is phenomenal.
Quix, Shmix.  You guys do know that she emails me and has me look up all this stuff online for her, don't you?  I do just about all her research. The rest she makes up!   Boy, am I tired!  That woman is a slave driver!

Twinkle Toes*
HAHAHAHA, You are silly. Actually, my friends think Im a brain, I know a little about every subject. Its called GOOGLE.Haha, took me a week to learn to spell it!

Seriously though, this forum is great and I read posts from a lot of nice folks. Im an RN, and dont know much about MS. Im learning so much from all of yall. Its scary, but whatever happens happens. I just cant believe ive been going through this for over a year. Ive been hospitalized 2 times in less than a year, for stroke like symptoms, headache, unsteady gait, weakness in bilateral legs. They worked me up for cardiac problems, and my heart is fit as a fiddle. They told me I had a mild stroke, or a TIA both times. I didnt get my records till recently, and when I took them to my PCP (he never saw my brain MRI, due to the fact he doesnt havent have priviliges at the hospital I went to) He flipped out that my MRI showed white spots from either migraines, old infarct, or demylination. He couldnt believe I had never had a neurological workup. Especially with my weakness in my legs.He started with all the referrals (Im HMO) and here I am, still waiting......................

At least Im waiting with all you great folks! YEE HAW!
It all has be be put into perspective.  You don't think the Supreme Court Justices write their own opinions do you?  Heck no, the hardest working people in law are the Supreme Court Clerks who look everything up and write up the briefs and responses according to the wishes of their Masters.  It's only right!.  Q