Multiple Sclerosis Community
Just need some good advice

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Just need some good advice

Ok I havent posted here in awhile. My issues are I have had an MRI back in November a few days before Thanksgiving all was normal also had a MRA all was normal. I havent felt right since I had my foot surgery back in Sept. Anyway I am starting to notice that when I grip something my arms shake I havent noticeed this until about a week or so ago. Could this be related to MS? I know certain meds can cause it and my Dr PCP put me on Clonazapam .5 mgs I tooke that for about 1 month I only took it once a day because it made me sleepy.. He also put me on a new med called Buspirone 15 mgs I take 5 mgs of it 3 times a day.. I started taking it last week should of been taking it before now but with those 2 meds together it sent me away from here la la land lol... I suspect my Dr wil be mad when I go back.. He keeps telling me all my blood results and Imaging is negative and I dont need to go back to my Neuro. I am just looking some advice to see if this could be MS going on or something else?? I will say my anxiety has been good until this shakiness started when I grasp onto something.. Really worried about it and also worried as to why I still feel like my brain has been scrambled for a few months now.. I knwo I havent had a stroke and no blood clots.. What is next????
.
Hi - I'm not sure who read the MRI films. Was it your Neuro? A radiologist? Your PCP? It's also not clear what MRI studies you had done; brain with and without contrast? c-spine with and without contrast?

I would want both a radiologist and my neuro to see all four of the studies before making any decisions regarding MS.

Just one man's opinion :-)

Kyle
A rodiologists and my neuro read them they called said it was negative and I chose not to follow up with him due to the high cost of my co payments.. They did with and without and I only did a brain MRI nothing else.. Besides blood test.. I find it hard to believe anxiety can cause me to feel the way I do.. thanks for the reply hopefully its something simple going on..
I'm not sure about your particular symptoms, but before I rule out MS I would want an MRI of my c-spine (with and without contrast) and maybe even a lumbar puncture. If both of those came back clean I'd start looking i a non MS direction.

Good luck :-)
Kyle
Hi there,

Long time no see. To put your mind at ease, I would not worry about MS. This can come from so many things to include weakness and meds.

Be sure to bring this to the attention of your doctor, but definitely don't be fearful of MS :) If the doctor was concerned with MS you would know.

I'm sorry to see you are still having trouble, and I wish you better days ahead. Try to get to your regular doctor while this is happening, so they can see it 1st hand.
-shell
sllowe thanks for the kind words I have been going to my regular dr once a month this has been happening for about a week really havent noticed it until I started throwing with my daughter for baseball.. I feel I am ok just worried what could be going on I hope its the meds. I am like you I think my symptoms would be more severe and a drastic change in life I mean I have felt off for months now but no change either way good or bad just about the same!!   I am waiting on a call from the neuro nurse now to see what she has to say.. My wife tells me my anxiety is taking over my life and thats my problem as well which I do believe... I also think if the neuro was going to do a c spine etc. He would of ordered all that back in Novemeber he is a specialist in MS so I feel good with what he wanted to check for at the time.. Anyway thanks for the replies anymore advice is always good!!
neuro tomorrow!