Just to do it
I think I need to B.I.T.C.H a bit; just need to is all.

Double vision is really getting old.  Unless I concentrate on some text or a small part of something I see everything in double vision.  I hate that.

There is so much more and I will b.i.t.c.h about later.

Everyone come on and b.i.t.c.h with me.
Okay, I'll take the bait...

I had such high hopes for the 4-ap (the compounded version of Ampyra) to get me feeling strong enough to perform again this Winter and next Spring, but it ain't happening...The big, walking muscles seem to like it, but the little fine motor stuff just isn't getting it.

Still not ready for prime time, and I may never be :(
I will B.I.T.C.H. with you about the double vision, since I have been dealing with it for 3-4 years now. I think I am starting to get used to it as my "normal" vision. Driving is the worst, and I pick my days that are my good days to drive, and my not so good days.

When I do attempt to drive, I am extra careful, I do not go very far, and i "wink" at everyone, old, young, male, female... LOL just so I can see one image. It's frustrating, annoying, and I am plain old sick of it, and hoping my 4th surgery coming in Jan. will correct it.

Hang in there, either it will improve, or you will get used to it like I did,,, (no not really) LOL
Pamela
it's so hard to go shopping by myself, I use a cane and when you need to pick up more then one thing or stop at a few different places, it really gets tiring.... why can't I walk without aid....auuugrrrrrr

that's it ...
take care
wobbly
Well having double vision my whole life I can't really get upset about it anymore. I can handle my MS symptoms there is not much I can do about them. In my case they are permanent.

What I can't handle is the cost of this stupid disease. It makes me feel so guilty.

Alex

I haven't driven in almost three years.  My youngest refused to get in the car if I was driving.

Pain *****.  Jerking *****.  Not being able to remember anyone's name suck, especially when it is my own.  Having Tourette's *****.  Dropping things all the time *****.  Falling down *****.  The fact that there are more things that suck *****.

I do love life anyway though.
It is strange that suck does not get asterisks but if you add an s to it show asterisks.
You are tooooo funny!! LOL And I do love life too! Smiling and laughing does a body good, so thank you for that!

Pam
Do you only have double vision if both eyes are open?  My doc says it is the ON and the damage to the Optic Tract, because I have monocular vertical diplopia in both eyes.  All letters look like they have a shadow (or in drop case.)

Signs along the highway have become pretty much unreadable and seeing extra traffic lights is unnerving.
I have some advice for you regarding driving with double vision, assuming your double vision occurs with both eyes open, and if you close one eye, with the other eye you see fine. When I had double vision last year, my neuro-opth gave me this advice: If you wear glasses, or sunglasses, put a piece of tape over one lens. Any kind of tape will do, but i did better with tape that blocked the vision in that eye. If you use scotch tape, you can still see blurriness. This way, you are using just one eye, and your double vision goes away. You could use an eye patch as well, but the only problem with that, as it covers your entire eye, you lose your peripheral vision on that side. With tape on your glasses, it blocks your forward vision in one eye, but leaves your peripheral vision (so you can see to change lanes and whatnot). Worked great and enabled me to drive.

Advice from my dad about the tape: if you are using your sunglasses (which I did all the time when I drove--did not drive at night of course--and I don't wear eyeglasses), put the tape on the INSIDE of your glasses. Then, you can also wear them in public and no one will be able to tell!

I hope that helps!!
I have double vision more when looking up, and to the sides. I get more double vision in my straight ahead view when I am tired or am dealing with alot of sinus pressure.

I have had a problem a couple of times that the double vision was more prominent in the right eye that has the optic nerve damage, and it appeared to be more blurred and I feel like I have to look away alot from whatever it is I am focusing on.

I was unable to drive for more than 6 months because of this and one of the many reasons I am on disability now. Alot of the times when I am on the computer, I have to go away from it because I start to see double and it drives me crazy.

I just did a test with my right eye (my damaged optic nerve eye) I closed my left eye and attempted to read the screen and the letters have the shadow underneath.

Pamela
I haven't tried that yet, but some things are worth a shot. I did have the prisms at one time in my glasses, but after I had eye muscle surgery, the double vision shifted to the other side and now the prism doesn't work anymore. I am praying that when I have the orbital implants put in, my eyes get back into the right position.

I know alot of my double vision has to do with my thyroid eye disease, and three eye surgeries since then, but I do know that there is that underlying problem that has been masked for awhile now because of it.
My problems is that I cannot tell whether I am going in a straight line or not.  I guess it is a kind of dizziness.  The double vision is something for which I could compensate.
Right now your verbiage is too complicated for me to figure out.  But, if I felt like colloquy of a didactic complexion I will get back to you for some learnin'.

:)
I have double vision in "each eye".  I can cover one and it is still there,  My image is just below the real image.  This is not "optical."  There is nothing you can do with glasses to fix it.  Because of the optic neuritis, the signals from each left and right half of my eyes get to back of my brain at different times, so I get a first signal and a second slower signal of the same image.  It is flat frigging irritating.

I found out I had MS when I had a bout of ON.  I lost most my vision in that eye and now if I use just that eye it is as if I am looking through frosted glass.  I am not sure how I can have double vision.  I only have double vision when both eyes are open.  I think it might be because I still have reasonable peripheral vision in that eye.
Hi there... I have double vision in both my eyes, very much like your... with the second vision slightly lower and to the left ..  letters seem to overlap abit, this is almost daily and it can be good days and bad days.... I was told this is just blurry vision by the last Opthomologist I saw,  he was not a Neuro Opthomologist, and the last Dr I saw, said to see a Neuro Opthomologist... they didn't agree with the Optho

but I also have bad days  every few months when I get double vision with both eyes open and it's so bad I where an eye patch on my right eye so I can see or watch tv or anything.  This is usually when I'm having alot of achy pain behind and top of my right eye and blurry vision as well..

take care
wobbly

Just a note of caution:

IF YOU PATCH ONE EYE TO HELP WITH DOUBLE VISION IT WILL EFFECT YOUR DEPTH PERCEPTION.  BE VERY CAREFUL AS THE CAR OR CURB AHEAD MAY NOT BE AS FAR AWAY AS YOU THINK. >>>bam!

Mary
IM SICK OF IT TOO!!  IF I COULD GET UP ON TOP OF MY HOUSE ID SCREAM!!
id feel soo much better!!   - that kind-of helped!!!  tick
I am real fun to drive with because I can't tell where I am in a lane. I get a headache trying to keep in the lane and I white knuckle it. Every time my PCP sees my eyes she asks if it is time I stopped driving. I used to drive big trucks and fully loaded service vans.

The irony is I am not disabled enough for SSD but I can't do any of the jobs I used to earn a living doing. There is no place in the world for someone like me.

Alex
regarding disability.

You can be on disability if you have a history performing jobs that sustained you that you cannot do anymore.

And do decide to stop driving.  You are not the only one to be concerned about in this matter.