Knees buckling

Does anyone have any idea what causes the old buckling knees trick ?   I've been experiencing this for about two months , it started with one buckle/dip once in awhile  ..  now it happens  whenever I stand in one place, I have  four or five buckles/dips, kind of a bounce motion .   It probably looks pretty weird.   I don't fall , but it feels like I easily could .

Will this most likely progress into something I have to be concerned about and watchful of ?   I did tell my neuro's P.A. who said nothing much.

Thanks for any help

Jo

I do that all the time - my right leg has a bit of atrophy in the muscle controlling the knee, and it folds quite often.  Or it shakes, or kinda stutters in place, like it's not sure what to do next.

I would definitely tell your neuro about this progression.
i should say that my right leg started out being weak, then I went into a flare, then I recovered, and now it's still a little weak.  But better!
I get that knee buckle at unpredictable times - sometimes walking, sometimes standing still.  I always think I'm going to be in trouble with my knee swelling or something else but it seems to recover pretty quick.  Its always in my weak leg, the right. - Lulu
Hi Jo,

As you know I'm not dx, but I've had the same problem on and off for years.  It will happen for awhile and then I'm okay.  I've even had my hips do the same.

Thank goodness it is never both at one time.  Hopefully yours will stop too.  Be careful though, cause a fall could result.

Hugs.............doni
For me there are two causes to my knees buckling.  The first is the severe weakness in quadriceps.  When I am trying to stand from a slight crouch (cleaning out cat boxes) or when standing up out of my chair my thighs just won't hold my wieght and allow me to straighten my knees.

The second has to do with the spasticity of my right leg.  Sometimes, usually when I am stepping down and not paying attention, my right knee will SNAP backwards (hyper  as I put my weight on it and then buckle from the pain.  My extensors are spastic and the leg just goes awry.  hate it!

Quix

This has probably been my main sympton for a year or so. It wouldn't happen when I was walking - just when I stood still. Waiting in line in shops was a complete no-no.

Now I think about it I haven't had this problem for a month or so. I wonder if the DMDs that I started taking mid August have helped this? I would love to think that is the case.