Multiple Sclerosis Community
LDN

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

LDN

Does anyone take LDN for their MS? and what do you think about it? Any info. would be appreciated.
Hi, welcome to the forum.  We have discussed this several times recently.  If you go to the search window over on the upper right where it says "Search this Community" (not the upper one that says Search MedHelp) and just type in LDN, you will get a listing of the recent posts that mention LDN.  Some of them are in full discussions about who here has tried it and what their results are.

I'm not trying to chase you away, but it will be a quick way to see what people have said recently.  Then you can come back and ask more specific questions.  We have a few people on it, some who are glowing in their reports and others who have been disppointed by it.  Most all agree that it is well worth a trial if you aren't on narcotics or an interferon.

Also I suspect others will be by to tell you about their experiences.

Would you like to also tell us about yourself?  What's making you consider it?  How long have you had MS?

Quix
Hi, thank-you for getting back to me. I will read what people have to say about LDN.

Well, I will tell you a little about me. I have had ms for 14 yrs. of course I think I have had it my whole life...My mom has ms also. I have tried all the ABC med.'s and had problems with my liver so couldn't take the interferons...I was on copaxone for many yrs. but was progressing so the neuro had me do Novantrone...I only had two infusions and then had some problems with my muga scan...slow injection fraction:(  So, then I started Tysabri, I was on that for almost 2 yrs. I didn't have any new lesions, but the old stuff is progressing. I see a dr. at UCSF and he took me off tysabri. So in 6 month's we will try something else...Oh yeah, I also did plasma exchange for 2 weeks and then every month for a yr. So as you can see...we are trying everything. I am in a wheelchair and still pretty much do everything I used to, just a little slower:) So, we shall see. Thanks, Joie
Hello.  My husband has Primary Progressive MS and takes LDN.  He has been on it since March.  Although he has more energy on it and seems to feel better, he has more neurological deficits than he did nine months ago so the disease is progressing.

What type of MS do you have??  What is plasma exchange and  did it work at all??

Thanks,
Elaine