Multiple Sclerosis Community
Left side and Leg Cramp

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Left side and Leg Cramp

One am I woke up to terrible leg cramp it lasted for several hours. I ended having a family member take me to ER.
They ran test on me and my calcium was half of what it should be. Now my calcium level is normal range I still have this leg cramp and my left side is weird. It was so painful today I took a pain pill and took a power nap this afternoon. The pain let up but I still have really bad pain in my left leg.
Back in 2002 my Doctor thought I had MS. I still think to this day I have it. And I was in remission for awhile and now it's come back to haunt me. He called me at home with the results of the MRI. He said he saw where he thought I had MS on my scan.  I had another Doctor who was a Nero rule him out. Saying he wasn't the right Doctor to tell me I had MS. Well, my friend. I am not a Doctor. I fit most of all the symptoms and if he lived in my body. He would understand the pain I go though most days. I do have a cyst or small bone spur on my shoulder. They can't operate on it because of location. However, I can understand that bothering my arm. But my leg I had so much I wanted to try and do today. But I couldn't because of the pain. And it wasn't a mine set I really wanted to work out in my garage. We had 70 weather today and I wanted to work outside. And all I could do is lay on the sofa in pain. I guess I should have gone to ER but I can't afford trips all the time. Any suggestions on how I can get this resolved if I have MS. I hate most of the Nero Doctors here. I live on the south side of Indiana. I can understand feeling bad in cold snowy days. But when it's beautiful out I want to enjoy it. I couldn't I laid on the sofa and cried. Can you help me? thank you.
MS is a clinical diagnosis, meaning that they have to run tests to eliminate other possibilities. They also need to have your clinical history.  What I would do is to seek a second opinion.  

You can find good doctors on this website: http://www.msneuroratings.com/ - but it's all about what the users post on the website.  

Do you have the MRI films or CD?  Or maybe the report from the radiologist?  Sometimes you can contact the clinic where they were done and get a copy for yourself.  If not, try to record your symptoms in a timeline, including when they appeared and when they disappeared.  

Good luck - it's very difficult to have something wrong with you, when the doctors don't really want to help.
I have been DXed with MS and I am cramped/spasmed almost all of the time. My left side is worse than my right. It's sort of like I get Charlie horses that don't go away. I had them before I was DXed and I still have them. I am in physical therapy now and I take muscle relaxers. I do get relief from the PT. I have a friend who is a medical message/manual therapist and I am hoping to start seeing her too.