Multiple Sclerosis Community
Leg and shoulder pain

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Leg and shoulder pain

Hello everyone its been a while since I've been here.  I have been lurking for a while decided to post.  No computer.  In the mean time I have still not been dx, I am tired of going to the dr.  my neuro increased my neurontin to 600mg which seems to make me drowsy in the mornings.  not to sure if its really helping.  I have been having problems with my left leg it hurts really bad some areas are so sensitive I hate for anything to touch it.  I try to walk on my toes because if I put to much pressure on it the muscles in the back of my legs tighten up.  I have also been having pain in the lower part of my shoulder . which can be very uncomfortable because I can't hardly move when it comes on the other day I sneezed and my shoulder went out.  This may sound weird but thats whats happening my neuro doesn't seem to think these things are really happening.  I am very depressed, having mood swings, can not think straight I feel so confused most days.  I try to go to work no matter how much I am in pain but this is really getting the best of me I am always tired.  The other day at work everything I entered into the computer was wrong, I had to do everything over the following day.  It's like I forgot how to do my job.  I feel like I am in twilight zone nobody understands, my husband feels like I am not giving him any attention I have two girls 6&7 it hard enough trying to give them what they need.  My leg has been bothering me since saturday plus I have constant headaches he got upset because I would not rub his feet how about I just wanted to relax after working 8 hrs, driving 20 minutes to pick the kids up from camp then 45 mins to get home traffic was terrible,then feeding and bathing the kids.  Just venting everyone any comments would be greatly appreciated.   are the pains in my legs and shoulder as well as the headaches common in ms

Glad to be back guys, I hope everyone is doing well
forgive me for using you guys as my sounding board the first day back

Sorry I forgot to add that what ever pain I am experiencing seem to worsen about one week and a helf before my cycle starts is the common in ms or could this be something else maybe menopause I am only 43 but I guess that doesn't matter huh
Hey Help! Long time no see!

Nope - not going to forgive you for using us as your board! Otherwise we'd all have to apologize to one another and we'd never get anywhere! So, nope! Just a thanks, and welcome back.

I've not got a lot of time right now to comment on a lot of what you have going on, but wanted to say hi and mention to you that, please, please, don't think you can make this go away on your own - k? Your overwhelmed is right! You have every right to be.  Feet rubbing when you yourself are completely shot! Humpf!  When have yours been rubbed last...lol

On my next post, I'd like to break this down for you into some timeframe to help you move forward w/another Dr., if that is what you'd like to do.  In the meantime, please keep an eye on your spirits.  Please know that depression is real, and you don't make it happen yourself.  Symptoms and problems bring on many things like being irritable, unhappy, overwhelmed, you name it.  Plus, your in pain! So, vent away.......

Hang in there, and see you soon!
Shelly