Multiple Sclerosis Community
Leg/arm weakness ~ muscle fatigue/shakiness

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

What type of leg/arm weakness do you experience?  

I have heard many experience more of a muscle fatigue where their leg or arm feels like it is weighed down with cement.

My weakness is more of a "shakiness" or where my legs feel like jello or wobbly.  They do not feel "heavy".  Actually, there are times where my whole body feels like it's shaking, but it's only visible in my hands.  

Is there different types of weakness in MS or do you experience different types?   Do you initially feel wobbly, then have muscle fatigue later?   Or, is it just the unpredictability of this disease in that everyone experiences something different?

Still un-Dx'd and looking for answers.....  Pat :)
Hello,  I don't think I have ever seen you post here before.  Are you new to the forum?  If so, I would like to welcome you.  If not, I am sorry I have missed you.  I myself am undiagnosed and looking for answers.  I have all of the symptoms of MS and am currently being retested.  I have not had the time to post my timeline of symptoms yet, but I have been experiencing much of what you are describing.  My muscle problems change in type depending on how fatigued I am.  Most of the time it starts with just a general soreness and overworked feeling in the muscles.  I usually start feeling too weak to hold my hairdryer up or hold my kids for long periods of time.  If I have been in the heat, have not gotten enough rest, or have had any alchohol to drink, my legs get really weak and I feel I just don't have the energy to put one foot in front of the other.  As my fatigue progresses, I start getting the jittery/shaky feeling you were describing.  It feels like I am jerking all over.  I begin to then get muscle twitches and hand tremors (mainly on my right side).  When it gets really bad, I start getting the heavy feeling.  I had one incidence where I took a hot bath, and afterwards felt like I was sinking into the floor.  It was a really drugged out feeling, and I couldn't muster up the strength to even lift my arms up from my sides.  It lasted for about an hour and went away.  So I guess you could say I have experienced all of the above from what you listed in your post.  I have also been falling a lot.  I think that my numbness in my right leg and foot have something to do with it.  I will step on an unven peice of ground and my foot does not adjust properly to it (I am guessing because I cannot really feel the difference in the bottom of my foot).  Then it is just like the muscles in my ankle and leg let go, and I am on the ground before you can say boo!  Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Jenn
Thanks so much for the welcome.  I am new to this forum.  I have my "intro" posted in the "Newbie and Still Seeking a Dx" thread.  It isn't quite a timeline yet.  I'll have to work on that.

I'm sorry that you're still looking for answers as well.  

I am not affected by the heat or feel the fatigue as of this point.   My legs feel shaky when I awake in the morning.  In fact, I feel my worst in the morning hours.  I feel better (and a bit stronger) as the day goes on.  I thought it was related to my blood sugar, but my PCP tested it and it seems to be ok.

My hands always have a fine tremor.  It does get worse when I use them more (i.e. washing my hair, typing on a keyboard, etc.).  My legs also feel jittery when I use them more as well.  A walk down or up a flight of stairs has them really shaking, but not the heavy/fatigued feeling.   More of like I'm extremely nervous.

My legs do feel very shaky when I hold my youngest child as well.  So much so, that I try to not carry him anymore.  He's now 3, so he can pretty much walk around on his own now anyway. :)

I also have muscle twitches, but they've only been in my calf muscles.  I have one distinct spot on my inner right calf that seems to twitch the most.  

Thanks for the welcome and I sure hope that you can get a Dx soon!

Take care! Pat :)
Hi, welcome.  I am new to the forum and also searching for dx.  My symptoms are almost identical to Jenn's.  I am glad she included the thing about alcohol, thanks Jenn.  I used to drink a little on special occasions but for the past three or four years I could take one drink and start feeling really bad.  Now I know why, just like with most of my unexplained other symtoms (symptoms).

Good luck with finding a dx, everyone on this forum is very helpful and will guide you as best they can.  I still don't know enough to be much help, but I'm here if you need moral support.

Doni
Thanks for the welcome!    I hope you find some answers soon!
Hi, I keep meaning to give my personal answer (not scientific) to this.  I experience three different kinds of "weakness".  The first in my right leg is what I feel is a true weakness.  I have atrophy of the quad and of the calf.  I try to work the muscles but they just aren't there and I can do minimal work.  The second I feel periodically in my arms, usually when I'm hot or fatigued.  It often shows up as a tiredness.  Feels like I'm trying to type with 3 lb weights on my wrists and they feel heavy.

The third is an off again on again feeling in my left thigh that (if you look through all my posts - quite a feat because it turns out that I have over 550 posts since late May.  I DO like to hear myself talk)  I have often mentioned feeling like I have "jelly-legs" -  trembly and shaky  like I worked out too hard (but I didn't).  Also, currently my L'Hermitte's shows up with this feeling which also feels a little like the jelly-legs combined with an electric buzz.  

Depending on where the lesion is one is going to feel all sorts of different sensations.  I would guess it has a lot to do with whether sensory nerves are also involved and whether it is the major muscle group trying to do the action or a helper/accessory muscle.

Some people also feel a weakness at rest.

So, if it abnormal, it can probably be a sensation in MS.  

Now you can add those thoughts.  Let me know if you figure anything out.  I just do an inventory every day and when I need to, I do a visual double-check to make sure everything is still there, lol.

Quix
Hello everyone! My symptoms sound a lot like most of yours. I am 27 years old and these symptoms started about 3 months ago after I came back from a camping trip. I have had a spinal tap, an mri, a catscan and they cannot find a thing. I am taking propranolol and it help my tremors a bit but not the other symptoms. I my hands are aways shaking especially when I am using them to sign papers or do things with my hands in front of others. All my muscles in my legs and arms feel weak but at the same time they can get very stiff. My hands/fingers get stiff and I work in an office and need to type but it has become very difficult. My legs feel heavy and walking down stairs is so exhausting. My legs shake like jello whenever I walk down stairs. Going up escalators is also difficult because I have lost me balance and I feel that I will fall back. I often find myself dropping things because I do not always get a good grip and my hand co-ordination is delayed. I have been having issues with my eyes when walking up stairs or reading I see double. I constanly feel anxious for no reason. I feel like my life has changed, I find it very difficult to work or grocery shop. I wish I had some answers it is so tough not knowing what it is. I am happy to see there is support here and others are experiencing the same thing.
Hi, I'm new to this forum.  For the past 6 months I've been experiencing a feeling in my thighs, front and back.  The back being a tightness and the front feeling soar, like jelly sour.  At times I feel a burning sensation on on my hams closer to and behind the knee area.  If I sit for a  very long time or sit on a couch watching tv, they start  bothering me.  Stretching helps.  I do go to the gym to work out, lately it's been just cardio 1 or 2 days a week.  I used to do more weights, but I feel maybe the tightness in my hamstring was caused by doing legs at the gym and not enough time stretching.  Sometimes when i lift my leg to move, it feels like I have a weak muscle.  I don't know if it's a problem or the fact that I work out less often.  I do walk 10 minute walks from the train station to work and then visa versa.  So it's not like I am not active at times.  But my legs bother me.  I never had this problem.  But all I can think of is lack of excercise and stretching.  Has anyone else ever experienced this feeling?  It feels like I'm breaking down the tissues and it feels when I grab the thigh to rub deeply..  I'm so frustrated by this feeling.  My body is young, 36 and I feel this is the beginning of growing old "not" gracefully.  Thank you.
Hello TP360, I am also a newbie to this forum and has been very impressed by the unselfishness of others who are also bothered by neurological difficulties.  I can relate to you as I myself was an avid athletic person prior to suffering from weak leg extremities and fatique.  I used to work out faithfully at the gym and outdoors three times a week until I started to develop difficulties.  My most prominent symptom occured a few years ago in which I began to notice that my right leg always felt very heavy at the end of the day.  At times I felt unsteady when walking and would feel like I am about to fall.  I noticed that these symptoms became more prominent whenever I was under any kind of stress.  I am a social worker and sometimes am incredibly busy and have to meet many deadlines.  I also noticed that when I am under any emotional distress symptoms would also start up.  You say that you are 36 years old and I say that you are young and this should be a good time in your life.  I am sorry that you are having these symptoms especially when you are doing the right things to presumably stay healthy.  I still have symptoms.  I can sometimes challenge my own body.  I ran/walked on my treadmill for 5 miles on Tuesday and felt good with the challenge however the next few days I am paying for this in fatique and feeling unsteady on my feet.  I have been on vacation this week and really want to get back into a routine.  Having this condition can be really frustrating.  However, I know that it is important to keep the body fit.  I encourage you to continue to exercise but don't overdo like I have.  I have gained about 15-20 pounds due to this condition and possibly dealing with the challenge of full time job/graduate school from 2003 to 2006.  Hang in there :)       Ruggiesse
WELCOME TO OUR CYBER FAMILY ,GLAD YOU HAVE JOINED US.

I HAVE GENERALIZED WEAKNESS IN MY RIGHT LEG,AS IN IT DOESN'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO HOLD ME UP,I WEAR A FULL LENGTH LEG BRACE.WHEN THE DR. DOES A PIN - P R I C K  TEST ,I CAN'T FEEL IT.

WHEN I AM OVER TIRED , THE LEGS WILL GET SHAKY OR IF I'M TRYING TO DO SOMETHING AND HAVE TO STRETCH TO DO IT THE LEGS WILL DEVELOPE TREMORS.

MY ARMS WILL GET REAL HEAVY AT TIMES,CURRENTLY ,THE RIGHT ARM IS GIVING ME A FIT AND THE STRENGTH HAS DIMINISHED.

I GET MUSCLE WEAKNESS AND THE MUSCLES WILL BECOME FATIGUED WITH HEAT AND EXERTION.

T-LYNN
I actually thought you'd been around then gone for a while. Maybe you were on different forum?

I get the cement feeling quite a bit, especially when I'm having a lot of spasms. However, when I get fatigued or hot, I get the jello legs. I have no diagnosis, so this may not help you.

Penn
oh, duh! I just saw the July original posting date! What a putz I am. Sorry.
6 paq -

I remember you, you've been here before.. . I think, but it's been awhile right?

Anywho, I get the shakey (shaky), trembly legs.  It varies.  I've had a weird numb sensation between the knee and down to the foot, but the Dr says there is no muscle there in the front, which I know, but that is the sensation.

Also have the trembly type, which feels like you have your leg in a bad position, and you can't put all your weight on it.  Kind of like if it's resisting - weird.

I've had the arm weakness all along, but am going to do a little weights to see if i can get some strengh back in them.  Carrying groceries clued me into that one, as well as blow drying my hair. . .

Your not alone 6-Paq, and if you've returned, I'm glad, and if you are a new 6-paq, well then welcome, glad you've found us.

Be well,
SL
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm losing it too!!!!

I just realized that I should of been posting to TP360 and Rugg!!!!!

TOTALLY need to pay more attention - put me in the putz pile too - Penns, i'll see you there buddy, just like the Matheau and Grumpy old men. . .  we should make up a new one, Grumpy ol' MSers.. .
ha/ha. .

Welcome TP360 and Rugg, stick around, we'll get it straight. . .

SL
TP360 and Rugg,  
Welcome and PLEASE excuse to two ladies in front of me I think they must have had too much ice cream last night ..  :))     ( along with me )   I was reading through and was wondering why everyone was introducing themselves..  I knew some had been here a long time .   Well, well...those darn ice cream hangovers.

Yup, my arms get tired with blow drying my hair too. I was setting a glass bowl in my glass coffee table and could not lower it gently , it was like it weighed a ton ( THAT surprised me)   And jelly legs and weighted legs.   Twice now , after things have been quite for awhile and then start back up , I get this feeling like I am walking with snowshoes on ( and look it ) .

Its very nice to meet you ladies ,   HUGS      
Weak in the knees...      Jo
I'm laughing my some needed bulk off my backside;)  You two are too funny!

Penn
Thank you for responding.  I'm thinking my problem relates to my back and the connective nerves.  I too feel like this has caused me to gain weight, more like "jelly" weight in my hip and thigh area.  Then again, I'm less active, but my body doesn't respond like it used to.  Is there any specialist, doctor to see for this type of problem I can't identify?  I will hang in there, my back thighs are burning now and this makes me worry about ever having a baby knowing being pregnant causes so many other discomforts for 9 months, legs & back being some of the few.  Fun for me.  My heart goes out to the ones suffering any kind of condition like this.  Best, TP360
Hi Jen,

I read your post from July. This may not be the issue with you, but when my mom was taking cholesterol pills, Lipitor, she experienced the heavy feeling in her legs, like she couldn't walk half the time. Climing up the stairs was just painful for her.  She's in her early 60's.  It was the Lipitor, she never experienced such side effects in her life.  She did stop taking the medicine and the syptoms (symptoms) have disappeared.  She takes a different prescription for it, and she is okay now.  But I thought maybe this could help someone if in fact one has not made that kind of connection with medication.
I woke up this morning and when I got out of bed found my legs were very weak.  I could hardly walk.   I became very shaky.  I was very scared as I have never had anything like this before although my arms have been weak fsince I was young, , but nothing so bad I couldn't live with it.  I have mild headaches every day for which I take Tylenol or aspirin.  Other than that I am in good health except for bouts of depression and anxiety.  I take synthroid for underactive thyroid, paxil for depression and meprobamate for anxiety.  Later today  I have been able to walk better, but my legs still feel a little weak.  I am in my late seventies.  If anyone has any idea what could be causing this I would be grateful for your connents.   Thank you.    Colleen
I checked my wife into the hospital Friday here in Austin. She was so shaky she could not walk on her own. It came on over about a week.  
Her hands were shaky beginning about 4 weeks before that. Her muscles she described as having run a marathon.
She is diagnosed prelim today as advanced hyper thyroid. Brain scan came back normal.
I intend to have her tested for Lime Disease, MS, and other culprits including lupus etc..
We have 4 small children. She had a tummy tuck a few years back and they cut a main nerve in the process. wondering if that may have some compounding effects on this new emergency in our lives..
Thyroid disorders can cause neurological symptoms from the shakiness to weakness.  Also, it can related to hyperthyroidism--a disorder called myasthenia gravis which can cause extreme weakness that you've described.  In addition, Graves disease of hyperthyroidism, can cause visual symptoms that looks an awful lot like MS--blurred and doubled vision.  

I hope your wife's doctors can figure out what is causing all of this (if it isn't hyperthyroidism).  It must be a very scary time for the both of you.  I'm not a doctor, so take anything I have to say with a grain of salt; however, I have a thyroid problem (hypothyroidism) and MS, and can speak about this from what I've learned from research into my own problems.  

I'm sending your wife wishes for a full and speedy recovery.  Please keep us posted.  

Deb
Hi AustinTCX,
You may not realize it but you posted on a very old thread - most people won't see you questions/comments here.

Would you mind starting a new post and include some background on your wife's symptoms?  

I hope she is doing better and getting quality medical care.

my best,
Lulu
     I just wanted to ask if all of ur test like Thyroid and Lyme,and Lupus all come back normal what then. These were done by NL so I know he did a thorough check. He now wants me to get a brain scan and cervical MRI(the first one to rule out MS). I have asked him @ MS, but he just now is thinking of it...so at least I am going to get tested. It is so scary @ ins. Thank God my hubby has me on his. I am so thankful..I suffer so much and it scares me to think I have a tumor or something really serious..I have felt that for so long...God Forbid..
     I have the classic burning features with muscle weakness, muscle atrophy(bad, and in my legs only),PAIN..of course..the bad kind, getting this stiffness so bad that I feel like I have been in the same position for hours and how hard it is to move it at all. I feel like a rusty ole bolt or something. I hurt in my neck bad too. I have so many symptoms it is sooo scary. I couldn't begin to tell you exactly how I feel. Depressed..yeah from the pain. It can make you that way. If you stay in bed because you can't do anything for it causing you excruciatin pain, you just stay in bed. THE PAIN is just too much. I mean I try to do as much as I can. I do too much on the time that I have..minimal. I have these rings that have formed indentions in my upper calf muscle. It is strange, that they are like symetrical to where they are on both legs, but on opposite sides. I have a lot of numbness,pin/needles,things feeling like they're crawling on you...speaking of...sorry. I have these hot spots I call them. THey just come up anywhere and you feel like fire has been dropped on it. My abdomen is swollen a bit. I have lost 8 lbs. Yeah for me!!
     I also have these horrible cramps and I can't even scratch one foot with the other.I tried to change the channel on the TV and I had a bad one hit from my middle finger on up to my elbow. I can't think anymore and my fingers are gone. Help me if u can think of anything..THank You... Karen and oh always...GOD BLESS
hi skeetlemore,

Would you please start your questions as a new thread so it will get the attention it deserves?  We're a very helpful community and would love to give you some guidance and share our experience.

my best,
Lulu
I get all the same things, muscle weakness, fatigue, burning, twitching. Am not yet diagnosed, but contrary to what Jenn said, drinking red wine helps with the twitching. Another thing that was suggested to me for pain and twitching was marijuana. Has anyone tried this?
I am suspected of having MS/Lupus/fibromyalgia- I guess we shall see...
good luck everyone.
Anna:)
this is exactly how i feel right now with lyme disease. i can't wait until my next appt with my LLMD lyme literate medical doctor.
everyone sounds like the same symptoms as lyme disease...
Susie - you posted on a three year old thread.  But, you are correct that the symptoms of MS and those of Lyme have a great deal of overlap.  Two kinds of symptoms common in Lyme, though, do not appear in MS, rashes and joint pain.

quix
i have a 5year old boy. his always complaining of a sore back. its more annoying to him than painfull. his hands constantly shake but these are becomin worse, where its hard to pik up things , not sure wat it could be. today his legs are week and sore with his back and shakin is bad. what are your thoughts
jenn38018: your post.... Word for word that could be me. No diagnosis. Test can't completely rule out MS but there aren't enough bands in the spinal fluid to call it MS. I have the muscle strength to do almost anything I used to be able to but the muscles fatigue so fast five minutes of anything strenuous is too much, I hurt so much for two or more days. I get knots in my muscles and cramps if I continue after the fatigue starts but some times you just have to get things done. I had numbness in my toes, mostly the left side. It went away after I started taking vitamin B complex, but nothing else has changed so maybe the timing is a coincidence. With out a diagnosis you get treated like you are lazy. I'm lucky my husband has been wonderful and a big help, or I would have given up.
I'm only 14 and I have symptoms of MS...I have a doctors appointment for blood work and I'm so worried if it maybe true... the feeling of weakness in both my arms and legs.  Ankles,  to the point I can't walk down stairs..I have to literally sit down and catch time...I'm afraid
Hello, everybody. I don't know if it's a right forum for me, but I have some really weird symptoms, sounds similar to yours. When I waking up, I feel absolutely heavy, and weak, feels like my body was filled with some metal. I pushing myself to walk and do things. But during the day I feel normal, especially in evening, lot's of energy and etc.
    Trying to gain weight again. 2  weeks ago I've lost about 6-7 pounds, I thought it was food poisoning, because I couldn't eat for couple days, I was dizzy and weak, I had fluctuating body temp, night sweats, had hard time to keep balance.  
My blood work was done on thyroid, liver, kidney, everything looks okay.

Hello to all, this my first time ever posting on a forum..Not sure if this is the right one for me..I have just been googling any and everything I can to try to figure out what is going on with me..I have been having index finger, wrist, forearm and recently thigh soreness.. it almost feels like I have worked out and its the soreness from that..I feel fatigue..at night when I move from side to side (I also have a 5 month old that I am moving from side to side as well),..I feel very heavy.neck stiffness..I do feel better if I get out of the house..I have had more than usual hair loss, feelings of difficulty remembering things..yesterday I was as normal, and then had to rush and was feeling the RUSH my whole body felt jittery, I was very aware of all the things I was carrying..my strength I feel as weakend..I have had blood work all of which was normal except and ANA level for centromere antibiodies which was 1..I am told this could mean scleroderma or CREST..I do not go to the rheumy til June 21st..Im worried that this is to long to wait to see a doctor..But Im also concerned this could be something like MS.. all these auto immune disorder symptoms are all so similar.. how do you know if you just have one..
jms75
Hi there

You have posted on an old thread and your question might not get noticed.

I would advise you to start a new thread, if you start by going to "post a question" - the orange button at the top of this thread, then copy and paste your question.

This is a very active forum but can be quiet at the weekends so you might not get answers immediately

Meanwhile welcome! You have come to a very good place.

Mand
thank you..I did what you suggested
jms75
I'm 26 yrs old and I got diagnosed with MS in January, 2012.  I know what it's like to not understand your body anymore...so many symptoms and bad days.  This brings fear with it. I don't trust doctors anymore and people annoy me because they want to throw so much advise my way and tell me how to live my life.  

As i type this right now, my arms are sore and i wake up with my elbows in pain sometimes. My feet are numb yet tingly.  I have to drag my left leg when i walk.  The left foot from under my knee feels like it wants to drop off.  I have the shakes, notice it more in my right hand and thumb when i text... and I giggle at the double vision. I tire so easily and fall asleep anywhere. I'm learning more about myself, essential oils, herbs, what i take into my being (body, soul and spirit)..        

Like the other people who throw advise at you I have a couple things to tell you. Never allow fear suck you and take your life away.  Remain positive through these challenges. Look at life with new eyes.  Laugh at every chance you get, it's a LOT more fun than crying.  Appreciate and be patient with those who take care of and love you especially as they are also confused and sad.  Love yourself and meet other positive people who understand what you are going through.

Never give up.
Cheers
I am diagnosed with MS and currently in PT for left side weakness. It's not nearly as bad as it was last year. Last year I couldn't even lift a one pound weight with my left leg and I had diminished control and use of my left hand. I had a very noticeable limp (Think: Igor). My muscles had started to atrophy and I was pretty shocked at how quickly this occurred.

Usually when I get up is when I have the wobbly thing going on. I think this is because I get spastic at night. By mid morning early afternoon I am usually pretty good, later afternoon is when I get the heavy leg thing going on and usually some pain too.

I am hoping to get normal strength and control back in my left leg and I am really not that far off so I think it's likely that I will. I'm sure I will still get weakness from fatigue or heat induced weakness, but I think I'll be pretty close to 100% soon.

My left hand is about 80-90% of what it should be. I have a lot of spasticity issues in my lower are and left hand, but I've been plateaued there for so long I think that's as good as it's gonna get, but it's still pretty good. I can pretty much still do almost everything I did before except play guitar like I did before and opening doors is sometimes tricky.   It definitely could be a lot worse.
Trisha27 have you had any further diagnoses yet?  I'm 27  and experiencing the same issues. Just curious...thx Jill
You sound much like my wife. She was diagnosed in 1989 at age, 35. We have been chipping away at reducing symptoms through natural means since then. We have done well. Today her biggest problems are injuries from falls. She even had a small book about her MS experiences published called, "My MS Challenge". On the back cover, it says never give up, just like you said. I appreciate your positive attitude. I believe it's better medicine than anything doctors could have. If you want, maybe we could exchange ideas.
Hi Just stumbled on this site as I was having a challenging day.
I am 45 and had been really active and engaged with life.
Its been a year since I had been diagnosed.
Awoke one morning paralysed on my right side.
Leg arm and face.
Initially they thought maybe a stroke but later diagnosed with MS.
Have since regained about 90% and improving slowly. Am not on any meds and seem to be doing ok
MRI shows no new lesions and it will monitor every year by Neuro.
I do however feel ongoing vertigo and weakness, especially in my right leg, (When the weather is warm or when I'm fatigued or overwork.
Its great to see some really positive posts as it gives me a reality check. I now take each day as a gift and have completely changed lifestyle and diet.
Best wishes to all.

Thanks for sharing.
Hi, I am new here. I am so confused and don't know what to think about the way I have been feeling. I started with numbness in my hands at night, it was so bad that it was waking me up. And then I was feeling extremely tired in late afternoons. I was also feeling numbness in my right foot while walking. The symptom that is also very weird to me was that when I am using my hands for stuff that requires precision like cutting meat with a fork and knife, or using a spray bottle, my hands would feel so week! I would feel like my heart was beating faster when I kept trying. I went to the Dr. and she did the finger to nose test and I failed :( she suspects MS. I had an MRI done but it came back normal. I don't know what is going on with me please help!! I am a 35 yr old with 2 young children. Thank you.

Janeth
I constantly have fatigue in my upper leg muscles and cannot walk very far.  This started happening in May after I had Sepsis and still has not improved much. I am starting some PT next week.  I have to walk with a cane with a wide base or use a scooter. The cane helps, but walking any distance makes me feel weak and very unstable. I used to get tremors, but those have gone away with the use of a Sonix whole body vibration machine. It has not helped my legs.  I also have pain when putting on lotion, wearing socks or any gentle touching or touching at all of my legs. Wearing pants even hurts.  I wish this would go away, but mine has been the progressive type.  I have been diagnosed with RA and MS.  My RA meds brought about an increase in MS that has not stopped.  I only have two brain lessions, but they must not be in a very good place.  I also have RA and MS in my eyes. I had the experimental blood test that was positive. My spine was clear.  Life is good.  My heart goes out to all the young with this disease.  I was 52 when RA was diagnosed and 55 for MS.
Hi I'm the same as you. I have had arthritis since a child & just got dx'd with MS but have had the MS probably for 15+ years. I am guessing you went on one of the TNF inhibitors like Enbrel & Remicade. I also took both before I started on Rituximab which has been wonderful for me as it treats both conditions.

I knew the risks when I took the TNF inhibitors but I clearly had MS before these drugs came along but I didn't really know what MS was back then. They may have made my situation worse though. I don't think they are totally sure what the connection is with these drugs with people getting MS yet. I wish you the best. Take Care, Karry.
sorry to hear that, its happening to me too just all of a sudden don't know what to do no insurance I'm scared as I'm only 32.  What would I say to check even if I went to ER its scaring the crap out of me