Leg movement & brain disconnect
I am so frustrated. I am having a day where there seems to be a disconnect between my brain and my left leg! This happens to me about once a week. My left leg is my weak spot. My muscles in that leg are weak and the spasticity is extreme. There are some moments when I can't really get it moving at all. I will be standing in the middle of a room, standing there, about to take a step and I an't because I am completely stuck! The left leg just doesn't want to move. I literally be stuck auntil I find something to hang on to and lift my bent leg up and down several times to get it moving again. Does this ever happen to anyone else? Riding my incumbent bike helps reconnect the brain and leg but doesn't help when I am stuck standing somewhere!
Deb
I probably haven't had this to the same extent that you do, and it is quite a while since it happened to me. I went up to the light switch, turned it on and when i turned around to walk back my left leg (my weak side) was for a couple of seconds seemed stuck to the floor.

It has happened also when I have tried to let go of things, it's as though my hand is on a time delay, I go to let go of something and my fingers won't do it, just for a couple of seconds, if that really. Like I said though, it happens occasionally and not for long, but still it sounds like the same type of thing.
It's stuff like this when we should have some sort of a brain back-up battery!!!!! lol

Or, at least a fancy string (to match our outfit of course) tied to the leg to pull it from it's perch!

You are doing yourself right Deb w/the incumbent. Keep stretching too.
Hopefully there will be some others who read this who will have more successful therapy type tricks up their sleeve...
Thanks Shell! I was thinking the same thing, like hooking my brain up to  the charger to my car battery!!! LOL :)
Hey, I'm not sure if it'll help, but try it.  Sometimes I'll get up and I have such a hard time getting my legs started, but as I move around, it gets better.  I stretch out my right thigh with the hurdler's stretch, and it gives me more mobility.
I have the same problem when I go to walk sometimes my legs get freeze up and I can't move I have to stop and think about me moving my legs and so that way I can move if I move to quick I fall is there anybody out there with a cure when I was younger the connection was better I could move easier  
May be gait training with a physical therapist. With Parkinsons when they freeze they get them to try some other movement. They have dogs that nudge the person to get them out of the freeze.

Alex