Life is Amazing and Fragile.
I was inducted into the MS Volunteer Hall of Fame last year. Since I could not go to Denver to get the award the NMSS gave me a gift certificate to a 5 star Hotel and Spa in my area. I decided instead of staying at the spa it would be fun to take a dozen women who have helped me with my MS and Cancer to the five star restaurant. It was hard to choose those friends. We all dressed up and had a great time.

Afterward I had to go to a funeral for my AA Sponsor. She had been my friend since 1981. Sunday her sister asked us to check on her. She had Cancer and lived alone. We had to call an ambulance at take her to the ER. Little did I know when I said good bye Sunday night she would be dead on Thursday. I wish I had hugged her one last time.  Life is so fragile. I am glad she is out of pain but I will miss her. She was more like a mother than my own mother.

I also found out my Cancer is back in my spleen. Today was a day of celebration for the friends I have and the one I have lost. None of us knows how many days we have on this planet. It seems so short.

I came home and cleaned cat boxes. It is humbling to clean cat boxes.

Alex

What a journey you are on - I appreciate every time you take your own time to share that with us.  I am so sorry to hear about the cancer  in the spleen ... life is good but sometimes it stinks.  Especially when cleaning kitty litter.
Beautifully said Alex.

Congratulations on your award.

I am so sorry about your cancer spreading and the loss of your of your dear friend.

As a fellow cat slave, I truly appreciate the humbling of litter boxes.

Hugs and prayers,
Corrie
It's uncanny. Every time I start to think "Woe is me" one or both of m feline friends will present him,her self. No questions, no expectations, just a head butt or a lap splat. No matter how deep my woe, they make me smile. So I clean the litter box gratefully :-)

http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/255191?personal_page_id=2357748
Thanks for sharing. You are such an inspiration!! I am sorry to hear about the cancer.
Alex,

I am thinking of you.......JJ