Location of lesion?
I know certains locations for lesions in the brain are considered more "typical" for MS but it seems I read a lot about people diagnosed with MS who's lesions aren't in areas typical for MS.... So is there really a typical location?

I ask (in part) as I was just at the MS clinic and saw a MS neurologist who was on call, she told me radically different things than my normal neurologist, inlcuding that my most recent MRI showed a lesion in an area which indicated MS, whereas my normal neurogist said that although there was a lesion in wasn't In any particular area...
I am fairly new to the whole MS thing so I don't know a ton about lesion locale..... I do know that my neurologist told me that the most common location for brain lesions in people with MS is near the inner "dark spot" of the brain (not sure what it's called). I know that lesions can also be located on the spine.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Tom
My neuro told me I had 1 lesion in a spot that was typical of MS and 1 was in a spot that is not typical to MS.  Seeing a MS specialists she confirmed, exactly what he said.  Both of them said the lesion not in the area for MS could be anything in my past and most likely not be related to MS

Maureen
I would trust an MS nuero about everything MS, over a general neuro any day!

The 4 MS lesion locations for dx are periventricular, juxtacortical, infratentorial and spinal cord. My understanding of everything i've read and i've read a lot, is that there is nothing to stop lesions developing in 'any' areas of the brain but those 4 areas are more specific to MS than any other location.

Cheers.........JJ
Thanks, mum.  That will help as I re-read all my radiologists' reports before I go see the neuro...  in December, if he has no cancellations first.