Low Lying Cerebellar Tonsils?
I went in today and got copies of all my labs and MRI reports.  I was reading over my MRI report and it said I have low lying cerebellar tonsils.  What is this and what does it mean?  My neuro didn't even tell me about this finding.  

Oh and I also found out that the MRI was on a 1.5 T.  I had been calling the radiology dept several times asking what kind of machine it was.  No one could ever answer!  They had no idea what I was talking about!  

Anyways, Thanks in advance!

skarey
Hi, skarey--

If you google "Chiari" and "cerebellar tonsils," you'll turn up some info. The "tonsils" are the bottom part of the cerebellum. In some folks, they extend into the foramen magnum, the window in the skull where the medulla extends into the c spine, and depending on their length, they can be symptomatic or not. They sometimes accompany other findings, such as syrinxes, but that would be something the neuoradiologist would probably have mentioned had it been there.

Bio
Bio gave you some good advice on googling Chiari and cerebellar tonsils.  Did the report say mild level of low lying tonsils?  Usually, that's not anything to be too concerned about but it is good to ask your Dr. about it.

I'll google that and see what I can find.  Is it something to be concerned about?  I guess my neuro must not of been too concerned as she didn't even mention it to me.  What kind of symptoms can it produce?

Thanks.
All good advice above.  Go here:
chiaritvspecial.com/