Lyrica Rash
I tried taking higher doses of vit D3 for about 2 months. I started with 400 IU daily and increased it slowly. I've also been taking Lyrica for a year and a half. 2 weeks into the D3 experiment my shoulders and upper back broke out into a strange rash. I discontinued the D3 for 2 weeks: no change. I try taking a minimum of Lyrica: 150 - 225 mg daily. Sometimes I also add 400 mg ibuprofen if I need more help.

Any ideas as to the rash?

Thanks in advance,
Maris
Hi Maris,
I'm sorry but I have no personal experience with Lyrica.  I just wanted to say hello and I hope someone else here will be of help.

be well,
Lulu
sorry no idea on the rash either....??  have you gone to a Dermotologist about this??

wobbly
undx
Hi there and welcome. Don't know whether you're new but I do know we haven't 'spoken' before.

I was on Lyrica, medium dose, for more than a year, and tapered off when it stopped helping. I didn't come across any info saying a rash is a possible side effect. I think you need to talk to your neuro about Lyrica as well as D supplements, just to be on the safe side.

Also remember that when we have MS we tend to attribute all our health issues to it. We sometimes forget we can still get other illnesses and allergies.

Please let us know how you do.

ess
Thanks for your input. I was told by another MSer on a different forum that she had actually broken out in acne and a rash from Lyrica. They went away when she took a break from it.

Lyrica actually does help me. I can tell because when I don't take it I really suffer.

I have a feeling the rash is related to the sun. I get good morning sun exposure on weekends in the attempt to increase my vit D3 metabolism. I'm also involved in a megadose D3 experiment on PatientsLikeMe. I was up to about 4000 IU daily which is a small dosage compared to what people in the group are trying. People doing up to 50000 IU of D3 feel clear and definite improvements in their fatigue level and the walking abilitiy. I'm back at 400 IU a day to see if the rash changes. So far, no change.

Whatever. It won't kill me.

Feel good and have a great weekend.

Maris