Multiple Sclerosis Community
MRI Findings
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI Findings

Just wondering if anyone could explain these findings for me. I've had lots of on and off issues over the last 5 - 6 years, and have never gotten any answers. I've never been Dx'ed with MS but I seem to have possible "flare-ups" every 2 years. Currently I am having more problems with my symptoms than ever before.

"Headaches (10 yrs. mostly tension), Tinnitus (5 - 6 yrs.), Lightheaded (4 - 5 yrs. come and go), Pins and Needles (4 - 5 yrs. Toes, hands and left shoulder blade), Weakness (2 yrs. ago arms, currently includes legs and can be disabling.), Upper abdominal pain (new, come and go, just below rib cage.), Frequent Urination and Urgency (several years now.), Fatigue (6 -7 yrs. Most disabling currently.), Memory problems (4 - 5 yrs. Short term is bad), Mood swings (5 - 6 yrs. Irritability, quiet times and overly excited at times.), Muscle twitching (Newish, I've had some come and go, but now they are everywhere, mostly at rest.) and Back pain (off and on for 4 5 yrs.).

Exam:  MRI of the brain without gadolinium.
History provided:  Headache.  Blurred vision.  Muscle weakness.

Comparison:  MRI the brain performed on March 19, 2011.

Protocol:  Various MRI sequences through the brain without intravenous gadolinium.

Findings:  Two, Punctate T2 weighted high signal abnormalities at the gray-white matter junction left temporal parietal junction.  Axial image 18 of series 6.  Similar to the prior study.  

Very small sub-centimeter T2 weighted high signal abnormality within the gray-white matter junction on the right side in the superior aspect of the right temporal lobe on axial image 18 series 6.  Unchanged from the prior study.  These are indeterminate although they could represent minimal microangiopathy, differential includes nonspecific demyelinating disease such as multiple sclerosis.

Additional T2-weighted high signal measuring much less than 1 cm more anteriorly in the superior aspect of the left temporal lobe on axial image 18 of series 6.  However, this follows CSF signal characteristics and most likely represents perivascular atrophy.

Further evaluation of these signal abnormalities is clinically indicated, recommend followup sagittal and coronal T2-weighted series through the regions of interest.

No suspicious appearing mass.  No acute stroke pattern.  Clearing of the previous sinusitis pattern.  No air-fluid levels within the visualized aspects of the paranasal sinuses and mastoid sinuses. No evidence for hemorrhage. No suspicious osseous abnormality.

Impression:
A:  Sub-centimeter T2-weighted high signal foci bilaterally at the gray-white matter junction.  Similar to the prior study.  Differential includes minimal microangiopathy versus nonspecific demyelinization.  Multiple sclerosis is in the differential.

B:  Clearing of the previous chronic sinusitis.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank