Multiple Sclerosis Community
MRI Results.

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

MRI Results.

I had some MRI's done last week and the result came back and this statement was on the report "Scattered foci of FLAIR hyperintensity are seen in the right frontal and periventricular white matter". No mass or anything are present, can someone please tell me what this may mean. I can't get a clear answer from my doctors office,just he my want to request MRI again. Should i be concerned????

Thanks..
Hi DHOP - Welcome to our little group.

We don;t have any doctors here. We're just a bunch of folks with MS, or who are trying to find out if they have MS.

A while back Quixotic was a regular poster. While not here in any official capacity she was (and still is) an MD. She wrote  an excellent explanation about MRIs, Lesions & Symptoms. You might find it helpful in trying to decipher radiology reports.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Multiple-Sclerosis/MRIs--Lesions---Symptoms/show/288712

Kyle
did you have contrast with this MRI or without?  Perhaps that is why he wants it again.  Usually we have it done both ways at the same time.
Hey Sarah,

Thanks for your response,it was with contrast. I have dealing with vertigo,dizziness what ever you want to call it for about 2 years and now for the past 8 month just overall pain comes and go,blurred vision,joint pain you name it.The crazy part about it all this started after the flu 2 years ago.
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for the info i will check that site out. I'm just looking for answers.