MRI finding questions
My MRI report says I have mild patchy periventricular & subcortial white matter foci of non specific abnormal T2 & FLAIR hyperintensity and states these are likely related to changes of microangiopathy.
I have NO Clue what it means.
I went in for shooting nerve pain headache & sometimes dizzy & numbness in toes.
Microangiopathy.is atherosclerosis in the small arteries of the brain.  If you are a healthy 50 year old without a history of High Blood Pressure or high cholesterol, this would need to be explained better.  T2 hyperintensities can be caused by microangiopathy., migraine disease and demyelination (as seen in MS.)  

This is where the expertise of a neurologist comes in.  They need to get a baseline neurologic exam, and they may consider other tests (VEP, Lumbar Puncture, etc.)  I'd also want a neurologist or neuroradiologist to read that study.   The wording used: "mild patchy periventricular & subcortial white matter foci of non specific abnormal T2 & FLAIR hyperintensity" sounds like a general radiologist read the study.  It sounds like a report from a stand alone imaging center someplace.

Bob
Hi Pink,

Thanks for joining us. I can see why your searches found us here. This imaging result may mean nothing in the context of MS. Is this an initial, or have you had any in the past?

If new, doc should be digging into your history and doing a thorough exam.  Are you seeing a neuro now?  And, when are you scheduled for the follow-up appointment.

Thanks for joining us,
-Shell