MRI question
I just had an MRI done and I wanted to find out if MS is a likely outcome.  Here is the "very confusing" language:

"There are 3 to 4 subcentimeter areas of FLAIR and T2 hyperintensity seen within the periventricular and subcortical white matter, none are associated with pathologic enhancement or restricted diffusion.  These are nonspecific differential - possibilities would include age advanced microvascular ischemic changes, sequelae or migraine, less likely postinflammatory/postinfectious process or demyelination.  There is no MRI evidence or acute infarction.  There are no pathologic areas of infarction.  

Also, with the MRA and probably not related is that I have a dissected, occluded vertebral artery.

What does that mean?  

Carla
It sounds to me like you have a few lesions smaller than a centimeter (subcentimeter).  Because of the location and size, the radiologist can't confirm that it's demyelination (possible MS) or damage from a small stroke.  Because there's no enhancement of the lesions, you'll have to be tested further.  It all depends on what the neurologist chooses to do, and how you feel.
Thank you for your help.