Multiple Sclerosis Community
MS ID Card
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MS ID Card

http://www.mscenter.org/images/stories/MS_ID_card_form.pdf

at a recent MS support group someone brought up this id card thing.

i sent off for one. i can see it coming in handy if i have to talk very long to a police officer for a traffic stop or ER visit and stuff. hopefully i'll never need it.

maybe this link has already been posted on here, but i'll post it for those who haven't seen it
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Interesting - I've not seen one of those before. Thanks for sharing this one.

I believe  I would save the $10 and make my own with the same information.

The funny thing about those cards is in the eyes of the authorities, they mean little.  My DH travels with his titanium hip card and used to show is for airport screenings until a TSA guy finally told him it didn't matter.  Anyone can make an official looking card and laminate it.  They won't take those as proof that he has metal in him and still must be hand screened every time we fly.

be well, Lulu

Blank
1312898_tn?1314571733
That's sort of cool.  I had wondered about being accused of being drunk while walking.  

It's sad the our society doesn't take this kind of thing very seriously.  Unfortunately people have abused this so much.

When I was in college there were groups of men that would come into the practice rooms (music) and show a fake medical card saying they were deaf and needed money.
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
In the UK they have a bathroom card - it is like a get out of jail free card.  You can show it to the bathroom attendant and get to the front of the line.  I also understand it can help you to not have to pay the toilet fees, which are very common for public restrooms in Europe.

How many times have I wished for a card when in line with all those other women at intermission!
Blank
true, anyone can make one. though in their database it will show a doctor specifically wrote said person has MS.

like hardly anyone believes me when i tell them i have MS, so for me it is just a little extra something.

thx
Blank
923105_tn?1341831249
They also come in useful here in France.

You show your disability card at the checkouts of superrmarkets, and you get to go to first in line:)

Debs
Blank
1336491_tn?1340623141
Hi Lulu

Bathroom card ??

I will look into this has im in uk never even heard of it xxx
we dont get alot of toilet attendents here they are very rare unless its  London ,not like US x

jan xxxx

Blank
too bad i don't have enough money to be an expat. i'll never be the same after 24 years of fed health care health rationing
Blank
I know how it feels when people dont believe you have MS I am 16 years old and just recently got diagnosed in August 2010. From people laughing when I fall or looking at me like im crazy when I studder this is good to have.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...